cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems associated with transfer of broadband and phone from another supplier

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Problems associated with transfer of broadband and phone from another supplier

Can you have BT broadband and the phone service with say the Post Office?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Problems associated with transfer of broadband and phone from another supplier

No, you have to have your phone with BT if you want their broadband.
What is not clear, is what happens after your 12 month line rental contract runs out, but you have another 6 months left on your broadband contract. Can you move your phone service to someone else then?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That should be fine, whichever way you're wanting to move the phone (in to us or away from us to someone else) - of course it'd have to be a BT reseller, moving to LLU would mean you couldn't keep the broadband service active.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
No, you have to have your phone with BT if you want their broadband.

I meant this as a new customer (if you're an existing customer, I cannot find anything that stops you having your phone services provided by someone else - as long as it's a BT reseller as Matt says)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you can it is very well hidden - I suspect that you can't
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Matt
I'm also not sure whether we could reprovide the broadband if it is indeed an LLU line but happy to give it a go if you're keeping that part of the service with us?

Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AndyH
Grafter

Actually, thinking about it - I am in a strange position.
I have my phone line provided by Sky, but the broadband by PN. Sky actually provide me with an ADSL connection on a BT provided landline (to confuse matters!)
Does SMPF allow BTw reseller voice + LLU broadband?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

@strat
In this case it is fibre so not quite the same as it may not be directly affected by the phone line equipment in the exchange
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: AndyH
I have my phone line provided by Sky, but the broadband by PN.
Sky also provide non LLU phone in certain exchanges