cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with new landline and fttc install

Steve22
Dabbler

Re: Problem with new landline and fttc install

Unfortunately  I won’t be getting Fibre  Sad .  Plusnet would allow the install to go ahead at 3.5Mb but cannot do anything to try and get the line to perform closer to the, still, predicted 13.6 until after it is installed.  This means that I would then have to take the risk of being trapped in an 18month contract at my current ADSL speeds with Fibre prices.  Although I would be able to cancel in the first 90 days if the speed dropped below 3.5.
I can’t cancel the Plusnet landline as I’ve taken line rental saver but I can use this for ADSL from a different provider so that is OK.  Looking at BE with their half price offer for 12 months and the ability to set a 3db margin to eek the maximum out of a poor line.  This should allow me to dedicate 1 line to the kids and the other to me and the other half – should reduce the complaints a bit!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for the updates and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with that.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve22
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
I would appreciate it if you could nudge the cancellation along - I can't place a new order as the line is currently showing as having the fibre order in place.
Thanks
Steve22
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Let me know if you need any more help.
Adam

I've managed to place an ADSL order now with another supplier.  However... the refund for the initial charge has not been made and to make it worse it is being bounced around support staff with no one actually processing the refund.  Adam, are you able to do anything to assist or advise me what needs to be done to get this refunded?
Thanks