ADSL status: Enabled as of 30/03/2000
ADSL Max status: Enabled as of 30/03/2006
SDSL status: Enabled as of 14/02/2005
21CN WBC status: Enabled as of 21/03/2009
skuffdj
Grafter

Re: Problem after problem

Writtle mate

When i was on the heavily throttled unlimited i got 5.5 meg 24 hours a day  for 3 months, but for me gaming was terrible.. Since i switched to pro ive had nothing but random speeds
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats what I guesed hardly any customers on that, thought you said you lived in centre of Chelmsford  dont know what chance you have of the Fibre to cable getting there.  Give my love to Cow Watering Lane, if not the Horse and Groom
skuffdj
Grafter

We have just moved here so dont know many places yet.. But i thought pro should be the best because its pure line speed with no throttling?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2927 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5120 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 4500 Kbps

The download speeds reported by the BT Speedtester are often very inaccurate, its only real use is to provide your IP profile and it looks like that has improved somewhat from the earlier tests. www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk usually gives a more accurate indication of actual download speed.
Your line still looks like its underperforming somewhat given your low attenuation. This could be caused by one or more of the following:-
Faulty router, unlikely but until another router has been tried it can't be eliminated.
Problem with your internal wiring which is allowing the interference from MW transmissions, again unlikely since that should have been eliminated by connecting to the test socket ( a bitloading graph when connected to the test socket might still be useful )
Problem with the BT line ( or exchange equipment ) which is allowing  the interference from MW transmissions.
Now what can you do about it ? You can either live with the problem and as long as your profile stays at about 4500 then maybe that's not too bad, or you can try and get PLusNet and BT to investigate the problem. This, I suspect, isn't going to be that easy, BT will probably say that 4500kbps is well within the acceptable range of speeds for your line and unless you can get the PlusNet faults guys interested in it from the technical point of view of what is causing the interference, then it's going to be hard work.
However, you must have had a low synch event in the past which dropped your profile and should that happen again its likely to be easier to get the fault investigated as the speed under those circumstances is likely to be below the FTH ( Fault Tolerance Threshold ) for your line ( as you were previously getting 5.5 Mbps) and BT would be obligated to investigate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

skuffdj
Grafter

Ok thanks for the info mate.. Just did that other test again, and as you can see the speed has dropped quite a bit
Today 11:35          3854 kbps (482kB/s)  375 kbps (46.9kB/s)  Share
2009-11-28 17:51 5099 kbps (637kB/s) 376 kbps (47kB/s) Share
2009-11-21 16:17 5072 kbps (634kB/s) 372 kbps (46.5kB/s) Share
skuffdj
Grafter

FFS I have tried something different today, which caused me to have to reset the router once.. Bt then instantly dropped my profile to 4000  Angry
Surley you as a provider should have more control for your customers?

I have now signed up to talk talk, so will be giving my 30 days notice tomorrow.. Life is too short to be having to constantly worry about my internet connection
Great speed and ping

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just picked up your PM (I haven't been in the office until today) so if you'd like me to request a reset of your SNR then please let me know and I'll start it off for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
skuffdj
Grafter

Yes please.. I have 7 days to cancel my Talk talk order, so if problem is resolved i will cancel it
Chris
Legend

Ah sorry, didn't notice that you'd already submitted an order to migrate out. Unfortunately that causes the broadband asset on the line to go into a state where no other orders can be placed. Sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just to make it clear - this is a limitation of the BT Wholesale system - there's nothing Plusnet can do about it once the provided MAC has been submitted.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
skuffdj
Grafter

I have no mac code yet, and only placed order yesterday, so unless there service is super fast, i doubt they have applied for it yet?Huh
Chris
Legend

It's definitely a move to an LLU supplier that's showing up: LLU XFER PSTN CEASED. Are you taking up TalkTalks phone line too? If so they'll move the line completely away from the BT infrastructure in the exchange.
skuffdj
Grafter

Yes its talk talk LLU with line rental.. Looks they they have moved fast..
I will keep you up to date with the move, and see if it works out ok..
But offer was too good to turn down, 9.7mb on my line before the speed boost (up to 20+mb) Line rental, free uk calls, unlimited downloads etc £26 a month
Hopefully their equipment in the exchange is better than BT's, and not picking up radio 5 live lol
Im sorry it hasn't worked out with plusnet, but in my exchange, it looks 100% that talk talk is the one for me
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EAWRI
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Make sure you ask for your Plusnet account to be downgraded to dialup PAYG. That way you can keep using your mailboxes and it will mean you will be able to use the same username when you return having found out what Talk Talk is really like.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)