cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to PN awful experience

DocDamo
Dabbler

Porting to PN awful experience

Hi, after an aborted attempt to port phone and fiber away from TalkTalk to EE (they missed the commitment date and couldn't give a reason), I chose to go with PN. This was based on reviews I'd read.
I was given a PN commitment date of 15/07.
14/07: I got a call from an Openreach engineer who was sitting outside my house. I was at work 20 miles away and no-one had bothered to inform me he was coming. After a brief chat with the engineer, we established he didn't need to be there anyway; I already have an Openreach fibre end point and fibre modem supplied by them a couple of years ago. The engineer was going to make a note saying that everything was fine and Openreach were going to port the traffic the next day.
15/07: DSL light on the modem, traffic going upstream, nothing coming downstream. Contacted PN to be told that the port hadn't been completed because the engineer couldn't gain access. I explained that I could see traffic going upstream. The connection was there, Openreach just needed to tick the box to complete the porting. Was told this wasn't possible and they'd have to reschedule. PN would get back to me.
16/07: Message from PN - the easiest and quickest approach would be cancel the order and raise a new order for customer install. I was given a date of the 22/07. DSL light on modem gone out, so Openreach had to physically do something on my account at this point, but instead of completing the order, they switched me off!
17/07: Left PN a written message to complain and asked for expedited port. Was told this wouldn't be possible as now a new request and advised to wait until 22/07. My discussion ticket was placed on hold until 7am on the 22nd, so I couldn't contact them again under the same thread!
22/07: 7:02am - discussion thread unblocked. Hurrah!
12:30pm contacted PN using ticket thread to ask if port would still be completed today. No response.
9:30pm: contacted PN by phone to ask if port would still be completed today. Told by agent that the commitment was showing to be completed by 11pm on 22/07 - everything will be fine. Check in morning.
23/07: 7:30am - contacted PN by phone to say still no DSL. What the hell is going on? Agent told me that the commitment date was the 28/07 and had NEVER been the 22/07!!!
Absolutely furious. Have been messed around, lied to, prevented from responding to the ticket thread, and after 3 weeks still have no BB.
8 REPLIES 8
DocDamo
Dabbler

Re: Porting to PN awful experience

Wow, now being told that it'll be another week because Ofcom states that a transfer can't be done in less that 10 working days!
Are they making this up as they go along? I understand that there's a 14-day cooling off period and that no migration can take place until this is complete, but that kicks in when the order is placed with the supplier, not when PN decides to place an order with BTOR, and especially not a 2nd order having messed up the original one!  Crazy
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@DocDamo - Just looking at this for you. Will comment shortly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DocDamo, thanks for your patience.
Right, firstly I'm really sorry that you've been out of service for a while. Appreciate that it's a massive hassle and has costed you a bit of money. What's frustrating is that at no point should you have been cut off the asset from your old provider whilst it hasn't been active with us. That's not their fault. As it stands, your service is looking to be activated by the 28th.
Quote from: DocDamo
Wow, now being told that it'll be another week because Ofcom states that a transfer can't be done in less that 10 working days!

That's correct, this is still a migration order and typically you should still be receiving service. Might be worth having a look through this thread. It's 10 working days to ensure that we're not erroneously slamming customers of other CP's. In terms of being told the 22nd, I think that PT - the agent responding to you on the ticket has worded it the same way I would have done:
I believe this may be more of an issue we need to look at from a training point of view rather than anything malicious as the required by date on the order has always stated 22/07/15

I just want to stress that at no point have we stopped you from commenting on the ticket. The ticket was placed on hold, but you were still free to add comments which we would in turn look at and respond to.
Once again, apologies for the hassle called, and your order is good for the 28th.
Matty

DocDamo
Dabbler

Thanks Matty,
But as I said in the thread, anti-slamming rules are to ensure that there's contact between the requestor and the supplier before the service is migrated. This would make perfect sense for the initial request, but as PN/BTOR messed that request up, the 10 working day rule shouldn't apply - PN only created the new order and cancelled the existing one because:
I have contacted our suppliers today and investigated at length if there is a way for us to process your fibre order to completion without an engineer requirement.
After much deliberation I have been advised that the quickest way to get you connected was to replace your order and submit it as a self-installation as your property already has a modem installed.
I have submitted the order for you and have been advised the earliest completion date possible is 22/07/15. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this causes

It turns out it wasn't the quickest way at all, and in fact makes no difference when compared with a standard initial order. I see no reason why this can't be expedited
Thanks for the clarification on on-hold tickets - I did respond to one earlier today and it received a response from the advisor.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm confused by the agent's conduct with this. As long as it reflected that there was an asset at the property, a migration order will be placed (which means the 10 day rule applies). A self install is an installation sub-option within order types (e.g. providing a standalone order on a telephone number, or a migration).
I noted that feedback was already passed on by the previous provision agent because it was a bit nonsensical.
Matty
DocDamo
Dabbler

It certainly now seems to be the case, but the initial follow-up was this one:
Because this Openreach should been aware this was a migration with no appointment required I feel this new order we've placed should be expedited FOC as Openreach have caused the delay with sending someone out when not required.

Lots of mixed messages there  :(. It's a shame as everyone I've dealt with has been very polite and helpful, just not necessarily furnished with the correct information.
DocDamo
Dabbler

Very pleased to report that this is now up and running. Credit where it's due - once the support team had worked out what the problem was, the level of personal service I received was fantastic. A huge thanks to Matty, Paul, et al.  Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news, glad we turned it round for you!
Let me know if there's anything further we can do.
Matty