cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service with compensation deniec

tricia49

Poor service with compensation deniec

Hi, I feel I need to write to chat about the poor service I have received. On 23rd April we lost out broadband and landline services, an accident with lorry and telegraph pole. At first the information and service received was good and succinct. I was told the repairs would take about a month, I’m 71 and need my phone to keep in contact with my family. I was told at the time compensation would be £8 for each day without service. Repairs were eventually completed by June 1st, again I was told compensation would be forthcoming. I called Plusnet yesterday to be told this was not so, all I would get would be the cost of last bill 31.00, bearing in mind I used far more data on my mobile during this time, bumping that bill up by 30.00. The person I spoke to yesterday was both negative and unhelpful, I ended up losing my temper and hanging up. Unfortunately I’m half way through my contract otherwise I would certainly look elsewhere for a better option.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Poor service with compensation deniec

@tricia49 

Who told you that Plusnet pay £8 a day compensation? I would be surprised if it was Plusnet staff.

Suppliers such as BT branded services pay compensation, Plusnet as BT’s budget supplier do not.

I’m afraid that it’s a case of getting what you pay for in this case.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Plusnet Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

There are some that pay such an amount, but not Plusnet.

See https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tricia49

That I understand but I was actually told by one of the advisors that I would receive that amount
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @tricia49,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've reviewed the account and raised a response via a support ticket, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team