cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service - fault 55597869

riccardob
Grafter

Poor service - fault 55597869

I have had a broadband fault on my line for the past week and an engineer had been booked to visit  today.
No one turned up and I received no call to advise of any delays / changes.
This has now resulted in me waisting a day's holiday and my broadband still has speeds closer to those of a 56k modem.
Also plusnet staff wrote on the online notes that I would receive an update today at 6pm. It is now after 2130pm but no update has yet been provided.
I don't think this is acceptable service.
29 REPLIES 29
riccardob
Grafter

Re: Poor service - fault 55597869

Further update: it is now 850 Thursday morning and still no update from the help assistant on my ticket and no apology for missed appointment.
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just been on a (slightly frustrating) echat with our suppliers trying to find out what happened here, sorry the engineer didn't attend.
Basically it seems there wasn't enough resource, which I assume means he had other jobs that overran but 'not enough resource' was all I could get. They've said that he will go and do the work today, and that he'll be in touch with you directly about access to the premises but again I wasn't given a time. I suspect the best thing to do would be for you to arrange that directly with the engineer and if there are any issues let us know and we'll rebook the appointment when it's convenient for you.
I'm sorry for the lack of information but hope this gets sorted out for you soon.
riccardob
Grafter

Matt this still does not excuse the fact that the engineer failed to ring me to tell me he was not coming. I am expecting some sort of compensation for the missed appointment.  Has this been discussed with BT? Plusnet / BT are quick enough to tell people
that if the fault is found with the customer's wiring you charge 60 pounds.
In terms of attendting to the fault, I am not at home today so the engineer will not have access to the house should he need to check the wiring.
My gut feeling is that I will not hear from the engineer anyway so can you advise me what to do if i don't hear from him. In all honest am reluctant to deal with your call centre.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Understood, though I'm afraid as we're not able to claim any compensation we won't be able to offer any unfortunately.
Regarding today's visit I understand and hope that the engineer does call, but we'll see. If you don't hear from him then we'll update the notes following whatever he does (hopefully he'll still be able to check the line and exchange) and be in touch.
Happy to arrange things here if you like but while I can understand your reluctance to call in you'll still need to update the ticket with details of how things are working - hope that's okay?
riccardob
Grafter

I will update on here this evening but I would bet that no engineer gets in touch with me today.
I will also update my ticket.
Please note that the ticket has not yet been updated at your end though.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, my bad - I've updated it with a summary of what we've discussed and will make sure it's kept up to date.
riccardob
Grafter

FAO: matt Taylor / Adam Walker.

It is now 1932 pm and as I predicted no engineer rang me on my mobile.
I've come back home and there is no calling card from BT, nothing.
So we now have two missed appointments for this fault.
I have stopped short of sending a complaint  / request for letter of deadlock but I am close to losing my patience.
I don't think that the channels Plusnet are using are going to help in sorting this fault.
I therefore request that Plusnet do the following to address this fault once and for all:
1) Escalate the matter to BT complaints manager level and not via usual e-chats with customer advisors at BT. I know that in the past you have done this for other users.
2) Request that another BT engineer is appointed to the job as the current one has no grasp of basic customer service. There is no point me making an effort to attend an appointment if the same engineer is tasked with visiting my property as he is very unlikely to attend or to make any contact in a timely manner on my mobile phone.
3) A new appointment is scheduled at my convenience. I am willing to provide a two hour window from 4pm onwards. Plusnet need to make sure that BT log my requirements in terms of my availability. again no point booking a standard appointment.
4) A request is made to BT that the engineer should contact me on my mobile and not on my landline should he need to contact me.
I await the next update.
riccardob
Grafter

I have checked the ticket and there has been no update from plusnet since yesterday.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

no update from plusnet since yesterday.

Hi, as I mentioned to you by PM Matt is dealing with this and we're aiming to update you on a daily basis so you will receive an update at some point today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
riccardob
Grafter

This is the reponse i got via mia ticket on Friday afternoon

"Thanks for contacting us.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your broadband connection.
Matt on the forums has asked me to look into this issue to see what can be done from a faults perspective.
After looking through the history of your fault, I don't think its worth submitting any request for a deadlock reference number at this moment in time. From a faults perspective, everything possible has been done to get an engineer to attend to your issue.
As you can appreciate, as its not ourselves personally going out, we can never offer guarantees an engineer will go out to X date and Y time. I accept that what has happened is not acceptable by our suppliers and as such, an escalation has been raised within them on this issue.
I have been advised that the escalation owner has requested 48 hours to liaise with other areas of BT until they get back to us with a response. As soon as we get a response, we will let you know.
I trust the above covers your first point. In respect to point 2 and 3 you have made, If the escalation owner wants to send out an engineer, we will attempt to seek guarantees from them before we book an appointment with you. I must also make you aware that we do not get to choose what engineer goes out and to what specific time frame. As you have been made aware previous the 2 time slots are AM (08:00 - 13:00) or PM (13:00 - 18:00). This applies to every ISP that uses BT Openreach for residential purposes.
Finally to point 4. We will happily pass on access instruction such as to call prior to arrival, but as I touched on previous, its a request we can put through, not something we can guarantee.
I trust the above has answered your queries you have posted to me. What is key to factor in at the moment is that this is now an escalated issue with our suppliers (BT Wholesale) and when we have an update, we will communicate this to you.
I apologise for the delay in resolving your issue and appreciate your patience.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,"

As the 48 hours has now expired I am expecting a responde today. Will plusnet be proactive and chase an update today or are they simply going to wait until the supplier decides to look into this properly? Still do not understand why an engineer was not booked anyway . It is obvious from previous plusnet replies that an engineer needs to be involved.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Re this point in particular:
we will attempt to seek guarantees from them before we book an appointment with you

we need to allow some time today for response to that before we can take this further. We do appreciate the urgency of your issue and the inconvenience issues like this can cause and we will address this today for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

For clarity, here is a link to the original thread on this fault.
From the detail, it seems that riccardob's line is banded. Is there any good reason why this banding can't be removed in the meantime so that at least he may have some useable service until the fault and issue of which engineer is going to be sent when is resolved?
riccardob
Grafter

Thanks that is a good suggestion.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI, the line is not banded, we have previously checked for this and would have done what we an to remove the banding at an earlier stage if that was an actual issue.
@riccardob - One of my colleagues on the faults team will be responding to your ticket today ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team