cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor response to intermittent router fault

ruralwales

Poor response to intermittent router fault

Not been terribly impressed with PN tech.support over my Mum's broadband, which I recommended to her.
Since the Bangor exchange has been upgraded performance has generally been very good. However, recently she noticed it would drop, and one light on her Voyager 210 would go out. Switch it off and back on, hey presto back in business.
Despite not being at all technical, she has tried her best to communicate with Plus.Net and found it very frustrating - 15-20 minutes on hold each  time she tried telephoning. She wouldn't have to make the calls at all if it wasnt for the fact that PN staff do not respond to tickets raised on the website (in fact, one contact suggested not to bother doing so).
It took weeks before they would send a replacement router. However, the Ethernet/WiFi router was no good to her as she only has USB. The tech.support 'guru' hadn't checked what connection she was using.
So after she explained this they sent another router.... exactly the same model.
Finally she had to get someone in to fit an Ethernet NIC, and even then it took quite a number of attempts for the router to accept the username & password.
Now she's been told Plus.Net expect her to pay £15 for the replacement router. I'm sorry but after the poor service she's had and having to pay for the NIC she shouldn't have needed I think Plus.Net are taking the mickey.
Simon.
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: Poor response to intermittent router fault

Hi there,
Can you let me know your mum's username or a ticket ID so that I can look into this for you?
ruralwales

Quote from: Mand
Can you let me know your mum's username or a ticket ID so that I can look into this for you?

Thanks. Email sent via your profile.
Simon.
Mand
Grafter

Strange, I don't have any email from you.  Undecided
Can you PM me here instead?
ruralwales

Quote from: Mand
Can you PM me here instead?

PM sent.