Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service from Plusnet and deadlock between SKY and Plusnet

gphancock
Grafter

Re: Poor customer service from Plusnet and deadlock between SKY and Plusnet

Update - Monday pm
Still connected. No response from SKY and e-mail x 2 sent.
abstruse21
Grafter

Now my issues have finally started to get resolved or at least well on their way to being resolved I have more time to find further sympathy for your plight!
Thanks for your message - hope the info I sent does help in some way.
I will update my thread until full resolution but will keep watching yours to see how you get on!
I have read a lot of info about your type of problems on OFCOM and various other knowledgeable sites and archives.. there are changes coming in how its all handled. Unfortunate thats not happening in time to help you.
Seems like the things you need should be simple to get from the companies involved but its always a case of arguing who is at fault instead of working together for the customer. I cant work out whether its plain old stupidity sometimes or that some companies begrudge you leaving them so much they deliberately make it difficult or the company that's got you on a new contract just thinks you've signed up now, how and when they provide the service is something they can worry about later when they feel like it.
The day we can decide to change provider, make a quick call and have someone flick a switch to make it happen should be here already with the tech available to us. The sooner it becomes that easy the better.
gphancock
Grafter

Update Monday PM
I am still online and still have broadband.  Roll_eyes Nevertheless, I have just received the following message from SKY:
I am going onto a live chat tonight with BT Wholesale to get this cancelled down for you and I will let you know once this request has been complete. It may take 48 hours to drop off but I will advise you
gphancock
Grafter

Quote from: abstruse21
Now my issues have finally started to get resolved or at least well on their way to being resolved I have more time to find further sympathy for your plight!
Thanks for your message - hope the info I sent does help in some way.
I will update my thread until full resolution but will keep watching yours to see how you get on!
I have read a lot of info about your type of problems on OFCOM and various other knowledgeable sites and archives.. there are changes coming in how its all handled. Unfortunate thats not happening in time to help you.
Seems like the things you need should be simple to get from the companies involved but its always a case of arguing who is at fault instead of working together for the customer. I cant work out whether its plain old stupidity sometimes or that some companies begrudge you leaving them so much they deliberately make it difficult or the company that's got you on a new contract just thinks you've signed up now, how and when they provide the service is something they can worry about later when they feel like it.
The day we can decide to change provider, make a quick call and have someone flick a switch to make it happen should be here already with the tech available to us. The sooner it becomes that easy the better.

Why thank you? I was reading your plight earlier and it sounded like good news and then further bad news. Any progress? I must check the latest.
Thank you again for your messages.
Likewise here. There could be more to this saga Wink
That is very true and one of the most frustrating aspects of this situation. Ofcom are seemingly aware that a situation like my case can arise and there are changes afoot but cannot apply these regulations at present.
I quite agree with that assessment. It was counter claim after counter claim by various parties. At least, Plusnet and BT Wholesale are taking responsibility for their mistakes. There has been no such recognition from SKY where the downgrading notification is concerned.  I had an interesting chat on twitter of all places about these general issues and one former BT employee acknowledged that some underhand tactics were used in the past when a customer tried to leave.
Again I agree. Interestingly, I have rarely had these issues with energy contracts. Npower did cause problems once when an existing electrical contract migrated to them several years ago. Perhaps, I have been lucky Shocked
gphancock
Grafter

Update at Tuesday AM
I still have broadband and no further feedback from SKY, as promised. This is going to be a long drawn out process isn't it? Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I hope not. I can only imagine that the cease, assuming it was placed last night, will complete by the end of the day today.
I'll keep close tabs on it and let you know if I see the TAG removed.
gphancock
Grafter

I hope not too. That is what I anticipate but SKY said they were going to advise me about service status.
Thank you. Smiley
gphancock
Grafter

Update - 10.14am
What did I say about this being a long drawn out process?  Angry I have had an e-mail from SKY. Looks like they are going to have to generate a MAC Angry Angry Angry Angry  I won't say anything at this stage and until matters are resolved but...
Chris, I am just going to send a longer PM, with further detail.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: gphancock
have had an e-mail from SKY. Looks like they are going to have to generate a MAC Angry Angry Angry Angry
That "might" be a better result in terms of continuity. Depending on what else is said I guess.  Undecided
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks - PM received and responded to.
gphancock
Grafter

HPsauce - that is a good point but that mean that Plusnet probably cannot expedite the account establishment and we are back to the traditional 5-7 day route.
Thanks Chris - just going to respond to your PM. 
gphancock
Grafter

At this stage, we will just have to see what SKY come up with. Previously, Plusnet's instance on the MAC code after the original order was cancelled was the right call. Nevertheless, Ofcom/SKY adhered to the Ofcom code of practice and insisted on Plusnet sorting this issue out. A bit of common sense by SKY and Ofcom could have potentially have avoided this situation and not gone down the BT Wholesale route in the first place.
Anyway, an early apology from me to Plusnet on behalf of SKY, BT Wholesale and Ofcom Wink When we established that we couldn't go down the MAC route (or thought we couldn't) Chris et al have been pretty transparent and fair in trying to resolve this situation.
abstruse21
Grafter

Did SKY indicate when they might have said MAC to you?
At least if they do this Plusnet 'should' be able to get the migration done a lot sooner than this continued debate is likely to continue otherwise.
If its the MAC route of 5-7 days at least you will KNOW its 5-7 days (probably) and a lot of the uncertainty of 'will this ever end' will vanish.
Good luck as always!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Confirmation of what we all already knew - OFCOM are as much use as a chocolate fireguard!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gphancock
Grafter

End of the day, I assume from the latest e-mail. They couldn't shut me down via BT Wholesale last night and have to take this action.
That is true and a positive side to this. I suspect Plusnet et al, hope this is resolved soon.
Thank you. I am just going to find out how you are getting on Wink