cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor communication / low broadband speed / no email and long waiting times

Yossarian

Poor communication / low broadband speed / no email and long waiting times

I switched to Plusnet fibre and so far have had appalling service. Plusnet said they were transferring my phone on 24/12 and broadband on 27/12, 30/12 or 31/12. However they then changed them both over on 24/12 but didn't tell me! I was scheduled to Wfh on 24/12 but had to go into the office and on school holidays there was no broadband service most of the day. Had to wait 15-30 mins to get through to call centre (several times) but eventually they sorted it out - many thanks to Kirsty
I was promised 69Mg download speed but am getting about 20 max - I know speeds can go up and down for the first 10 days but mine has been down rather than up.
Also can' set up my email account - there are 30 minute waits on the help line so have given up for the day
I moved from Talk Talk and I thought they were bad but Plusnet is not much better so far
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Poor communication / low broadband speed / no email and long waiting times

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the problems communicating the due date for the fibre install, glad to see that's been sorted though.
Regarding the speed issue you mentioned have you tested that over wireless? If so can you test by connecting over ethernet (we supply a cable with the router) to see how that compares?
Regarding the email issue you mentioned in the ticket you raised I've just added a mailbox called "test" which activated fine without issue so you should be able to add/edit mailboxes just fine here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings
Any further issues just let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Yossarian

Dear Adam
Thanks for your reply
Internet speed is about 20Mgs with wired connection - wireless connection is slower as you would expect
I have tried adding a mail box but keep getting a message saying 'Invalid name'
Yossarian
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try adding a mailbox called (say) test2 which is *not* an invalid name - see if that works. If it works you can delete it afterwards.
David