cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Chat Service

Grafter

Poor Chat Service

large.jpg 

Was using plusnet chat to find out why i am still paying line rental wen its offered free to new customers now and the woman at the other end just stopped chatting. Was my question confusing. My contract is up and you offer the same deal what i am paying £41 odds for at £27.99. Due to you ignorant staff i am away to look at what talk talk and sky are offering. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed as per Forum rules.

6 REPLIES 6
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Poor Chat Service

Broadband is the same as the insurance companies regarding increases for existing customers, at the end of your contract it is essential to check and compare services before taking out a new contract.

New customers always seem to get the best deals on the assumption they will remain with that particular company.

From a personal point of view if I got a good service from any company and would only save a few pounds by changing I would not bother but there is a limit on what I or most other people would pay for a service they could get elsewhere as often mentioned on these forums by those who have changed suppliers.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Grafter

13 quid a month saving on the new customer rate. Whats that 150 quid more in my tail. I would stay had they did a better service but for the person on chat just to ignore me. Talk talk offer same BB speed with phone and some TV channels at £9 cheaper so sod this bunch i think ill jump ship. 

Yeah i have been changing my car ins also each year. No such thing as customer loyalty anymore so why should we keep renewing. I binned 13 years with Direct Line as i was saving almost 200 a year. They just let me go with no asking why or any attempt to keep you. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear about your experience over live chat @1888

I'll make sure the chat is reviewed and will pass feedback on where appropriate.

Whilst line rental is shown as included in the cost for new customers, it's just how it's displayed. For example, the current deal of £24.99 at www.plus.net would be broken down as £18.99 line rental and £6 unlimited fibre.

Unfortunately we can't always price match our new customer deals for existing customers I'm afraid.

Apologies for any disappointment.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@gleneagles wrote:

Broadband is the same as the insurance companies regarding increases for existing customers, at the end of your contract it is essential to check and compare services before taking out a new contract.

That is a little bit of a twist on reality. Cool_smiley

The contract is open ended continuing until explicitly terminated by either party.

The contract has a minimum term.

During the minimum term there is an introductory discount.

After the minimum term the price for the contract is that which was stated and agreed to at the commencement of the contract.  Thereby it is not an increase at the end of the contract, rather the removal of the clearly stated discount at the end of the minimum term.  Such change at the end of the minimum term therefore should not be a surprised to the customer ... it is what they agreed to.

In my experience at the end of minimum terms, Plusnet have always been willing (on request) to strike another tie-in deal, more or less similar to that available to new users, tough possibly with a longer minimum period.  Call the usual support number and select the option "I'm thinking of leaving" ... being nice and not aggressive usually delivers the best deals.  Remember that you are talking to another human being and just like you, they want to be respected.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Grafter

@Townman wrote:
being nice and not aggressive usually delivers the best deals.  Remember that you are talking to another human being and just like you, they want to be respected.

And what is that rubbish meant to mean? If i phone anyone they do get respect till mucked about. Did your beloved plusnet show me respect by ignoring me in chat? I think not. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Plusnet or anyone one else ... I have found that a little dignity and consideration gets far more of what you want than shouting the odds at people.

...but if you believe shouting the odds is more effective - go on be my guest.

and the woman at the other end just stopped chatting

You clearly have presumed that you were intentionally cut off.  Have you considered the possibility that the session simply died?  These things happen; are they really so important to get so irate over and raise your blood pressure so?  As I said, phone COTS, tell then your are considering leaving, be nice and see if you can get a deal which will make you happy.  What out come do you really seek here - a platform to vent from or a deal which will make you happy ... you do have choices.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.