cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polite but totally incompetent; my advise use another company!

pmwilson100

Polite but totally incompetent; my advise use another company!

It appears Plus Net will approximately 3 months to connect me to the internet. Initially I called signed up even paid for a year in advance to get a discount. I was given a date initially 31/2 weeks from the initial call for the first engineer to come to the house to install a land line. One week before the install date I called to check to date and time only to be told they had my details but no details of my order and no initiation of the engineers visit so although I obviously had a date I needed to go back to scratch and order again. So I was given another date 3x weeks away, I then received an email saying this date would be postponed another 48hrs; I called to see why it was being postponed as I was already significantly behind. I was then told the dates I have been informed were incorrect and the installation was actually happening on the day I was calling. I asked if the plus net person if the order had been registered and they said no so I took the afternoon off work and went to the house I then waited for 4 hrs and no one arrived. I didn't receive a call at any time, I then check email on my phone and saw that an engineer had been but did not gain access, they had not called me and no one from plus net had called. I was then informed I would be charged 49 pounds to rearrange the visit that I had not been informed was happening and had then taken a half day from work. Finally the date was rearranged and the engineer came and did all he could unfortunately he could not finish the job because the line needed to be attached to a pole across the road. You would expect all of this was communicated to plus net but no action was taken on their part to finish the job. I called early in the week and then was promised a call back and the situation to be resolve. I didnt receive a call so I called on Friday to be told the order was not correctly logged the previous time I called and therefore could not be actioned until after the weekend. Error after error after error, complete incompetence from beginning to end, if you are reading this thinking of using plus net, have some common sense and DON'T.
2 REPLIES 2
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Polite but totally incompetent; my advise use another company!

You do seem angry!  Angry
I'm sure that PN will sort this out for you on Monday.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Polite but totally incompetent; my advise use another company!

Hi pmwilson100,
I can see one of our provisioning agents has this in hand and will be updating you this morning once she's talked to our suppliers, I'll give her a nudge and make sure that's happening for you. I'm really sorry this has started out like it has, we'll do our best to make sure things go smoothly from here on.