cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet, worst customer service of any internet provider I've been with!!!!

drrobl

Plusnet, worst customer service of any internet provider I've been with!!!!

Angry Angry Angry
Fell for all the adverts and people saying how great Plusnet are.  The actually connection/speed is not the issue its the complete lack of response and communication from Plusnet.   Firstly I paid for and got my broadband set up. All good. Then 1 week into my service the line went down. After about 2 days of trying to get through to Plusnet I finally got through to someone. They told me that the phone line had been cut by BT even though broadband was up and running for a week with Plusnet. Was told that it took a further 10 days to transfer telephone line over from BT to Plusnet after broadband had started?? BT had cut the line because previous tenants had canceled their direct debit. So in the 2 weeks after I applied for the service with Plusnet to being cut off Plusnet were unable to (a) tell BT they were taking over the service or (b) get the line transferred over???  This is poor!!  I lost internet for 10 days (was offered a 1 pound refund by not the most helpful or friendly service support person from Plusnet, which further annoyed me!).  So had to go through the whole connection process again and couldn't do the month to month service that I originally applied for (supposedly cost 65 pounds to reconnect line and couldn't do month to month with the reconnection cost ) so had to tie into a 12 month contract which I was not happy about!!  Should have cut my losses and joined another company but stupidly gave Plusnet another chance and tied into the 12 month contract. I thought I had a 60gb limit service but found out I was being charged 5 pounds for exceeding 10gb limit.  I mailed Plusnet twice asking to increase to 60gb, no reply apart from automated response saying they will contact me (which they haven't!).  I then found out I could increase quota online. Great, went through whole process over 5 days ago and have just received 2nd December 5 pound charge for going over 10gb limit (its only Dec 6th, I need a 60gb limit!!). Went to check my account details and there is nothing saying I have upgraded to 60gb service even though I went through the whole process online!!  Obviously didn't work so that's why I need to speak to someone at Plusnet to sort this whole shambles out!    But surprise surprise, both the 0800 and 0345 numbers are not taking calls!!  [Censored]!!!!  All I want to do is upgrade my service (yes, pay Plusnet more money, you think they would be keen??) and no-one will contact me!!  The online process didn't work and I don't want to pay any more 5 pound extra charges otherwise I might as well be with a decent more expensive service like Virgin.
Has anyone had similar problems or have I just been unlucky??   I've given Plusnet an ultimatum to sort this out or I'm off to another company and will block any further payments to them. If they want to try and retrieve the 65 pounds connection fee (which in my opinion was their and BT's fault) good luck to them, I'll go to court if I have to.
If there is any company out there that provides a decent service and good customer support I'd love to hear about them, though I fear in the money and greed driven world we live in pretty much all internet companies care about is new customers, marketing and getting as much money out of people as possible.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Excessive smilies removed a per Forum Rules ]
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet, worst customer service of any internet provider I've been with!!!!

Account changes only happen on your billing date.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

Also @drrobl do not understand how phone and broadband are interrelated  and blaming the problem on to PN.

Broadband can only be supplied on an active telephone line as soon as the previous tenants stopped paying for the telephone a complete cease would have taken place and to re-provide the telephone and broadband a new customer order had to be place and BT normal leadtime for this is 10 days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

As per when I called, I'm sorry that the situation regarding changing account's hasn't been mentioned more clearly.
I can see that your account is due to change to extra (with a 60gb limit) on your next billing date of the 28th of December. Unfortunately we can't see a record to request this change prior to your last billing date.
With that in mind and the initial problems after you signed up I can agree to refund any charges made so far for bandwidth charges over the 10gb limit this month but as mentioned account changes are done at the end of each billing month so that won't occur until the 28th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drrobl

Shame it seem that you have to have a good whinge/rant to get things moving!!  Thanks to the guys who called me and got things sorted, after my tirade!  No idea why the phone numbers weren't working earlier but looks like they are back. 
A note to Plusnet,it  would be helpful to have a "no-reply" on support e-mails or a very clear message/reply from Plusnet saying what to do rather than e-mails to support@plus.net  disappearing into some black hole.
So a tip to new PLusnet users. Don't bother replying to "support@plus.net" as it won't get dealt with, go through the web-site or phone (today must be the quickest I've got through though the line was down earlier, only waited 3 mins!! Maybe things are improving?)
I expect Plusnets' main problem is that they like many companies have thrown lots of resources/money into marketing and getting new customers but haven't put enough thought into how they are going to cope and deal with all those new customers' problems.  Shame the support people have to get it in the neck from stroppy customers like me. Maybe a word with upper management to get more support in might be needed?Huh
Hoping that things go a lot smoother with Plusnet from now on, I've nearly left twice, lets hope it doesn't end up 3 strikes and out??  If they can end up as good as Pipex (the only telecommunications company I've ever had zero problems with) were then they will have done well.
Thanks,
Rob (not so disgruntled customer)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

A note to Plusnet,it  would be helpful to have a "no-reply" on support e-mails or a very clear message/reply from Plusnet saying what to do rather than e-mails to support@plus.net  disappearing into some black hole.
So a tip to new PLusnet users. Don't bother replying to "support@plus.net" as it won't get dealt with, go through the web-site or phone (today must be the quickest I've got through though the line was down earlier, only waited 3 mins!! Maybe things are improving?)

That shouldn't happen, I'm sure there used to be an auto responder on there but it's not working now. I'll get an internal problem raised to sort that out. Thanks for flagging it up to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: drrobl

We have received your Question - Thank you!
If you need to talk to us about this Question, please use the reference number [
48872525 ].
We will send you an email when our Support Team has responded to your question.
If you need to add more information or inquire further about your open Question, you
can return to it by going to the Help Assistant.
Read or respond to your Question -
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=questions
IMPORTANT: Do not reply to this email, our Support Team can only deal with Questions
through the Help Assistant

Regards,
Customer Support

Seem clear to me
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just tested this from a normal Plusnet email address on my account and got the response, the non response was from my work address (internal).
Hi,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.
Depending on your enquiry you may find your answer conveniently online - either from My Account (http://my.plus.net) or from our support pages. These have lots of easy to follow guides to help you with all your broadband and Internet questions (http://support.plus.net).
If you're a Plusnet customer you can contact us online through the Help Assistant (http://help.plus.net). We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.
If you do prefer to contact us by phone you can call our support line on 0800 432 0200. We're open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you're a new customer, and want to know more about Plusnet, you can send us a message from our website (use the sales link at the foot of the page) or call our Sales Team on 0800 432 0080
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.