cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

David_W
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Like I said, unless the CEO checks the forums he may never know he has that message.  Could you try PM'ing Bob, Mand or Jamesh asking them to notify the CEO he has a message waiting, they can also give him a quick run-down on the post so he's able to respond because he'll have the information at hand.
davethir
Grafter

I'm sure that like the professionals that they are, Mand, Bob James and Chris are monitoring these forums and will inform their CEO that their Paying Subscribers require an answer to a very simple question, One that could paint their ISP in a very good light......nothing is as good as good publicity. Grin
...............Bad publicity on the other hand ..... Angry
Fletch
Grafter

Folks;
The team (Bob, Mand, Chris etc) have raised this with me, and I've been looking at this for the last few weeks.  I've been seeking some advice internally on the best way for us to respond - while I understand that you all are looking for a concrete response - I want to make sure we can follow-up effectively.  I will post an update tomorrow, and commitment to providing you a regular update.
@davethir - Anthony has already forwarded on the PM so I've got that, but thanks for the re-post.
Thanks
Fletch
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Quote from: Fletch
Folks;
The team (Bob, Mand, Chris etc) have raised this with me, and I've been looking at this for the last few weeks.  I've been seeking some advice internally on the best way for us to respond - while I understand that you all are looking for a concrete response - I want to make sure we can follow-up effectively.  I will post an update tomorrow, and commitment to providing you a regular update.
@davethir - Anthony has already forwarded on the PM so I've got that, but thanks for the re-post.
Thanks
Fletch

Hi Fletch, did Plusnet recently give out another load of its customers IP addresses ?
David_W
Rising Star

Thanks Fletch, it's the professional nature of the Plusnet group that makes me love this ISP, I can't imagine any other (major) ISP where the CEO and COO take an interest in their clients quibbles.
Toolbox
Grafter

Thanks Fletch,
I would also like to know if you have had to release any more details.
Looking forward to tomorrow..
Mackins7000
Dabbler

Am I the only one who thinks we're going to be left disappointed come tomorrow? Haha.
Toolbox
Grafter

Maybe, but I will then Email the CEO directly and not bother to try here anymore.
avollmerATplusDOTnet
SOURCE
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I expect he has a minion to filter his email for him.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

davethir
Grafter

Just a couple of Posts from the CAG Forum,
ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just want a decnts night sleep now, i'm so tired of worrying, i've done everything by the book, i have never downloaded anything without reading the T's & C's carefully, as for torrents, to be honest, i don't see the point, i'm a sucker for a CD. i'm going for a cry..........
/quote]
Originally Posted by ashash23

I got my letter today i feel a lot better now after seeing im not the only one. I read that there is a template for a letter which i can use how do i go about downloading or seeing what to put in my letter thanx, I would also like a copy of the template letter, as this is getting to me, I received a letter saturday and I have no idea what to do about it

These people are real and are in need of your help PLUSNET, I hope the COO can give us the details of the Report today. If the report shows that ACS Law have not taken legal proceedings against any person who was prepared to contest the case, then it shows that all the Law firms are in it to make a "fast Buck",
Gallant McMillan are a Legal firm of high standing in London with a lot of high profile clients, I wonder what the Likes of "TED BAKER, LIBERTY KOOKAI and CLAIMS DIRECT", would have to say if they new what their solicitors had got them selfs into. If we can proove that the business model is soley about making money rather that procecuting people for "Copyright infringement", then all the law firms will stop, as the Judge will not issue the NPO.
Again, looking forward to what Fletch has to say today....................
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I hope Plusnet are not going to respond saying that it is up to the judge to decide whether to issue the NPO and that is why they offer no arguments as to why the order should not be granted!
Courts can only decide on the evidence presented. Even if the judge thinks personally that the order should not be granted, if no-one presents the arguments he's not going to go out on a limb and decide that way.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Toolbox
Grafter

Quote from: A
I expect he has a minion to filter his email for him.

Of course he does but it may also end up on his phone, who knows unless you try.
scootie
Grafter

squeaky cog always gets oiled  Wink esp when the squeaky is coming from paying customers
that's spot on jelv, the whole point of this is to get those that are legally able to contest the npo to do so on behalf of those that these orders are causing un due stress to but cant them self's challenge the npo when it's being heard by the judge
David_W
Rising Star

I think PN needs to be careful.  If a court order has been issued they cannot decide to ignore it so their legal team will be looking at the options available to them.  A court order is just that, an order from the courts and refusing to follow that order can have pretty severe consequences for PN.
What I do hope, if PN decides that yes, the company has not met the legal requirements of the court order, they take it upon themselves to post a letter (by post, not email) to all the people whose details they have given out informing them that the court order is invalid and to ignore any communications from ACS, as well as apologising for the trouble caused.  That is of course assuming PN find the court order invalid and challenge it.
scootie
Grafter

@david w
we are not asking PN to break the order's all raedy issued, we want them to challenge the order when the judge is deciding wither are not to grant the npo to acs. it is PN's right to do this and completely legal unlike acs not taken any one to court and just collecting monney which is not why the judge issues the orders