cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Lurker
Grafter

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Or a vISP perchance with less than the magic number?
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Talk Talk statement taken from http://torrentfreak.com/uk-isps-take-digital-economy-act-to-high-court-100708/
In recent times, TalkTalk has sought to protect its subscribers from outside interference and is the only mainstream ISP in the UK to stand up to ACS:Law and its campaign against alleged file-sharers. In advance of ACS:Law going to court to obtain the real identities of individuals behind IP addresses it has harvested, the law firm approaches ISPs and asks them if they will contest the court action.
TalkTalk always refuses to comply and is therefore never included in court documents. This means that TalkTalk subscribers are protected from all the wrongful accusations documented dozens of times in recent months. The same, however, can not be said about BT. When approached by ACS:Law, BT indicates in advance that it will cooperate, which means its customers become heavily targeted.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So if we find out that Plusnet are included on the latest court order we then know that Plusnet agreed to cooperate in advance of the hearing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
davethir
Grafter

D Day Plus 10.  2 days since ACS Law was granted an NPO to gather more Addresses.
Well, another day another defening silence from PlusNet. Plusnet, can you confirm or deny that you didnot object to the NPO being granted on Wednesday. can you say whether you had any "Legal" personnel at the hearing,  This stalling of giving us some indication of what the report contained, or even that ACS Law provided you with said report is showing your customer base that you dont care much about Customer service.
It cannot be very hard to ring the "Legal Team" and ask them (1) whether they have received a report from ACS Law (2) does it show that not one person has been taken to court (3) the details of the report ie how many names and addresses did plusnet give out. None of that is "sensitive to PlusNet" but may stop many other customers from receiving these "threatening Letters demanding payment"
WE YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW
Toolbox
Grafter

Do you think some of that information will leak out anyway?
jim:quote
godsell4
Rising Star

If I submit a ticket asking PN to confirm, have my details been passed to an 3rd party for any reason including due to a court order. Will PN answer that ticket?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
scootie
Grafter

i believe (not 100% sure) there is a law in place that means PN have to give you a copy of your files including any information passed on to 3rd party databases ect.
But as this information they pass on to acs is part of a court issued order am under the impression that they would not be able to release this information to you, i know stinks.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Asbo
But as this information they pass on to acs is part of a court issued order am under the impression that they would not be able to release this information to you, i know stinks.

Even if they give you this information under a Data Protection Act request, they get to charge you £10!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

davethir
Grafter

CONGRATULATIONS PLUSNET..........due in part to your tardiness in not promptly publishing the report from ACS Law showing they havenet taken anyone to court, an other "bunch of Scam artists (My personal opinion)" has started to send these threatening and demanding letters.
a new law company called Gallant Macmillan LLP Solicitors  http://www.gmlegal.co.uk/clients.aspx, they have a website explaining what they do http://www.pay-2-play.co.uk/
This CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE, if you have the proof that these Law firms are abusing the law you must publish
I WILL NOT LET THIS REST
Tidgy
Grafter

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
BT and TalkTalk challenge Digital Economy Act

I can understand why BT and Talk Talk want to get the DEB reviewed again. There’s no gain in it for them. They need to make more noise about it and more importantly they need to get it changed so that copyright owners MUST follow the process (unless an offence is so bad that it would bring criminal proceedings).  I lobbied for this when it was going through Parliament and it got turned over because of some lame excuse about it infringing on the rights of the copyright holders right to take action themselves. What utter rubbish.
If the ISP’s don’t club together and fight for this then not only will they end up doing lot’s of work under the new Digital Economy Bill, but they will also still have to churn out data for the growing number court orders that the money making solicitors are issuing them. That’ll be nice for you Plusnet!!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's simply that ISP's with 400,000 customers are at a serious competitive disadvantage, compared with smaller ISP's.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

My brother* (whom i recommended to Plusnet a looong time go) finally decided to join, about 4 days ago. I have since advised him to STOP his account setup (which he will after my explanation). That's myself, 1 referral and 1 new subscriber NOT choosing -NET.
HOW MANY MORE WILL JOIN US.....?
*John Hi**inbo**om
Mackins7000
Dabbler

Well done boys for fighting for our rights. I too will be leaving.
£21 a month for 8mb broadband that grinds to a halt at peak times is bad enough on it's own, even when other ISPs offer far better deals.
But after this debacle it's the girder that broke the camels back. Time to jump ship.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

AMEN Smiley