cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will be losing my business

Surfer
Grafter

Plusnet will be losing my business

I have had the unfortunate experience of having had to phone PlusNet with an query only to be directed to a call centre in South Africa.  I live in England, taxed to death in England, pay my subscription to a Plusnet an organisation based in England with English money to a bank in England. 
Why should I put up with substandard call centres in South Africa where they have difficulty in stringing a sentence together and with such a heavy regional accent that can hardly be understood?  At first I thought I was speaking to someone in Mumbai except that the accent was wrong! 
Although I am on a good deal with PlusNet I would rather pay the extra and speak to some in a call centre in England who can understand and relate to my problem.  Not only that, it keeps a person living in England in a job and the money they earn helps to keep others here in England in a job!
12 REPLIES 12
ctech500
Grafter

Re: Plusnet will be losing my business

It's wrong to assume that if a person has an accent they must be in South Africa, or in Mumbai. England is a multi-ethnic country.
in fact  Sheffield the location of  Plusnet's HQ and UK Call Centre  has a very strong ethnic community. I don't think  such comments are helpful and come across as bigotry In my opinion.
Remember there's only one race and that's the human race.
Surfer
Grafter

I think you are jumping to conclusions as I lived in Durban and I am familar with the accent right down to the region although half the time you could not udnerstand them due to them having their own slang.  The call centre was in Durban as admited by PlusNet staff.  As fo your race or ethnic issue, you brought it up but I will decline to answer!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

THE  CALL CENTRE is in Sheffield, PN took over an office from Madasafish  and Brighrview from John Lewis in Durban, if you want to be answered by Sheffield the number is 01142965198 the other number 08451400200 does go to Sheffield but some of the options can be diverted to Durban. the 0845 number is free to Home Phone customers
ctech500
Grafter

I was just responding to to a post which you made.
Quote from: Surfer
I live in England, taxed to death in England, pay my subscription to a Plusnet an organisation based in England with English money to a bank in England.  
Why should I put up with substandard call centres in South Africa where they have difficulty in stringing a sentence together!

I was merely pointing out that a few facts I mean this sort of talk is bigotry  I'm sure the BNP forum is full of stuff like this I have no issue with ethnicity or race
Surfer
Grafter

Apologies I thought you were having a go at me.  I do not mind if the person with whom I am dealing spoke English that was understandable and not goobly gook half the time.  It also helps if they stop reading from a script most of the time and applied common sense. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Plusnet will be losing my business

Hi Surfer,
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with our support centre, if you want to PM me the details of the issue and any support problems you've had I'll happily look into it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Surfer
Apologies I thought you were having a go at me. .

No problems..Hopefully the Comms Team will address the issues you have rasied.
James
Grafter

Re:Plusnet will be losing my business

Hi Surfer,
Did you manage to drop Chris a PM?
If there's anything we can help with, please shout up.
sassy62
Grafter

Quote from: ctech500
It's wrong to assume that if a person has an accent they must be in South Africa, or in Mumbai. England is a multi-ethnic country.
in fact  Sheffield the location of  Plusnet's HQ and UK Call Centre  has a very strong ethnic community. I don't think  such comments are helpful and come across as bigotry In my opinion.
Remember there's only one race and that's the human race.

Did you read the last part of his comment?
Not only that, it keeps a person living in England in a job and the money they earn helps to keep others here in England in a job!
How does that come across as Bigotry?..he doesnt say 'English'..nor does he say 'white'..is there anything wrong with supporting companies call centres and their staff (whatever their race) in their own country?Huh
Its not about 'Bigotry'..or the other word that gets everyone looking over their shoulder..'racism'..its not a race issue..its a communication issue..I left Orange and I wont go to companies who use foreign..ok Asian call cetres because Its bad enough having to pay to complain or sort out THEIR problemin the first place let alone keep having to repeat yourself or say 'pardon' every couple of minutes..
I am old fashioned..I refer to my coffee as 'black' I also call Christmas..'Christmas' and not 'winter celebration'  Roll_eyes ...shock horror cal the PC police!!!....that may make me a rasist bigot too...but dont read too much into other peoples post eh?
Lurker
Grafter

Racism has always been in the eye of the beholder - that's why so many people get caught up in it without meaning to.
Its also why people are able to perpetuate the victim culture.
ctech500
Grafter

I have to point out that the OP apologised and got a appropriate response. This is going OT and it's easy to say that racism is in the eye of the beholder it could also be argued that racism is in the face of the victim. weather we like it or not racism exists.  if you think different then check these links
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/race
http://raceandscience.channel4.com/
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
This thread had quite happily laid dormant for two weeks, don't think there was any need to drag it up again.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'