cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet, we'll steal your money!

modelalpha123

Plusnet, we'll steal your money!

I am sick and tired of Plusnets [-Censored-]ty internet connection. Even on a good day I can't do anything without it either lagging immensely or just outright [-Censored-]ing off. They have "Tried" fixing it before and not only did they [-Censored-] us over because as soon as some dumb [-Censored-] in my household for some reason decided "yep i'll just sign my life away into a [-Censored-]ty contract." but once they did sign it. BANG the connection rates when down hill instantly. I don't care about the [-Censored-]ty contract I'm leaving Plusnet and they aren't touching a single penny from me because they haven't provided a shred of what they agreed too!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Modification of Plusnet's name edited as per Forum Rules.
3 REPLIES 3
modelalpha123

Re: Scamnet, we'll steal your money!

forgot to put this  bad boy in just showing how [-Censored-] it truly is and to prove I'm not over reacting. This is constant!

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Plusnet, we'll steal your money!

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Plusnet, we'll steal your money!

Hi @modelalpha123 

A warm welcome to the forums.

"some dumb [-Censored-] in my household for some reason decided "yep i'll just sign my life away into a [-Censored-]ty contract." "

"they aren't touching a single penny from me"

Are you suggesting that someone in your household signed up for a service using your payment details, without your permission?

"once they did sign it. BANG the connection rates when down hill instantly"

The screen shot you shared on the second post looks dire for FTTC but reasonable for ADSL.  Is it possible that the person who contracted the service did so for ADSL when previously you were on FTTC?

What are the expectations for your line?

Please use the following links to check the services available and their estimated speeds. From the first link, please record and report back the distance from the exchange. The second link advises of which fibre services are available on your line and their anticipated speed.

It would also help if you can post your router stats here.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Broadband can limp along if one side of the circuit pair is broken, which is why having a handset to check out the line if so very helpful. 

Have you followed the speed issue trouble shooter?  See link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.