cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet want a months cancelation free for a contract that has already been paid in full

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet want a months cancelation free for a contract that has already been paid in full

My contract is up on 6th Dec, I am moving to another provider on the 4th, so Plusnet ask for £11.61 having already been paid for the service between 6th Nov and 6th Dec!

& decide to email this 10 minutes after their CS closes for the night (although in reality that is 50mins after the last chance to call them and have a chance of a reply)

& they wonder why I'm leaving!

9 REPLIES 9
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet want a months cancelation free for a contract that has already been paid in full

And after a phone discussion they still want to do this & the person I spoke to gave me the impression that he really did not care if this was in error or  not!

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet want a months cancelation free for a contract that has already been paid in full

Hi @Gythral8PNC,

I'm sorry to hear that you've chose to cancel your services with us.

I've left a ticket on your account with some information regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further questions, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star

@AishaK thanks, ( I know you are trying to be helpful & do thank you for trying)

I have already spoken to your team today, they feel that overcharging is the way to go, still

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I didn't think that Ofcom regulations allowed for punitive charges to be added in the last month of a contract, or have I read that wrong somewhere?

Mark

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star

Seems like Plusnet have put a 'cease' order to the FTTC on my line too, which may affect the new service going live

What the hell are you playing at?

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star

"Leaving your communications provider

• Check if there are any charges if you decide to leave your provider earlier than the agreed term. You should confirm these with your provider when you enter the contract. The charge should never be more than the remaining payments left in the contract;"

from https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/additional-charg...

This would suggest that the leaving fee should be zero, as there are no payments outstanding, other than any chargeable phone calls

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Gythral8PNC, I am really sorry about this and have updated your complaint ticket here.

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star

Just received this bogus bill in writing too!

If it is incorrect then please ensure that I receive a written copy of any correction & a written apology before the 4th Dec

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm looking into this for you and I'll reply to your support ticket in a moment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet