cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet treats customers badly - stay clear!

pollmak

Plusnet treats customers badly - stay clear!

I have been a broadband PN customer for 6 years and have been fairly happy with the service, although have rarely dealt with their customer services area except at initial contact 6 years ago. I moved house last month and was persuaded to take phone and fibre broadband with them. The deal sounded good and I only needed to wait 2 weeks for an engineer.
Today was d day! Took precious unpaid leave to wait for phone line in morning and broad band in afternoons but nobody arrived. Called customer services and after waiting for about 35 minutes was told that they were not sure why the first engineer had not arrived but would investigate and call me back.  They did not!!! So now no phone line or explanation. I called back after 5pm- this time was on the call for over an hour to be told that there was a fault on the line and nothing could be done.  Their excuse was they had tried my mobile but no answer.... Strange that everybody can get through or leaves voice mail if not....
Anyway to cut an expensive and frustrating story short...they can now send out an engineer in 6 weeks time but cannot guarantee that the line will be fixed.  So looks like another day of unpaid leave and another  2 hours on the line with an unhelpful customer service agent.
No thanks!
Plusnet you can go back to to your business of poaching customers and then treating them badly and I will go back to researching and finding another broadband provider,- just in case you had not  noticed there are several to choose from. Sad
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet treats customers badly - stay clear!

I hope they've offered you the £45 Missed Appointment Payment which you are due!
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your account and sorry to see you've decided to cancel. In case you weren't aware the engineer visit didn't go ahead due to a fault on the line. I apologise we weren't able to be aware of this prior to the visit so we could let you know.
If you change your mind for any reason and want us to place a new order just let me know and apologies again.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This response does look a little suspicious Adam?
A line working OK on ADSL for some years decides to go 'faulty'  - that is it is disconnected - on the day it is scheduled to swap to Fibre?  Sounds much more like one part of Openreach not fully communicating about what is scheduled and when to enable the different field engineering teams to act correctly.  It appears to be a common excuse to just 'cancel' a job rather than investigate locally and sort it out!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.