cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet told me they dont give MAC codes when moving to an LLU

backtogeek
Grafter

Plusnet told me they dont give MAC codes when moving to an LLU

So after getting sick of the IP profile yoyo and the lack of proactive responce from Plusnet I decided to leave.
My migration to SKY LLU date.... today (or not)
I was told over and over by the cancelations dept that I DO NOT need a MAC code to switch over to an LLU ISP.
Logged in to my new sky account today to see that they have switched the phone line over but not the broadband... why... because they need a MAC code.
Got rather angry at sky as they never actualy asked me for a mac code so I assumed all was well, long story short spoke to talktalk, orange, O2/BE and asked them if I need a MAC code to switch to their LLU service and the answer from each one was YES! (And yes I confirmed they were not just moving me on to another BTW product)
WTH plusnet now I have to wait even longer to migrate!
So I will speak to cancelations again tomorrow and demand a MAC code and then raise an official complaint.
Just not good enough.
8 REPLIES 8
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet told me they dont give MAC codes when moving to an LLU

Quote from: backtogeek
Just not good enough.

Worse than that, just plain WRONG.
I moved from PN to Be and used a MAC very succesfully; a smooth trouble-free transfer.  Wink
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Backtogeek, If you request you MAC by phone tomorrow, it will be Monday before your MAC is posted by Ticket on your account.
I believe that the cancellations team have NO authority to override the mandatory 4 working day delay built into the "system". Yes, it sucks but that is what the Suits at PlusNet have mandated.
john50
Grafter

I came from Tiscali/TT llu to PLusnet and didn't need a mac code
James
Grafter

I think as a general rule you don't need a MAC to migrate to a *fully* unbundled CP.
For instance, people moving to TalkTalk generally don't need one.  The same will probably be the case for Sky, unless you're not taking their unbundled phone service.
Having said that though, there's no reason why we shouldn't generate you one.
James
Grafter

@backtogeek - I can't see any reference on your account of your requesting a MAC?
I can see that you requested one from our support team, who correctly told you that you needed to either call our Customer Options Team, or to write them a letter.
If that isn't the case, then please raise a ticket on your account, and drop me a PM and I'll get it sorted for you.
backtogeek
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh,
Yep I do/did have a request in with the tech support dept, which I understand is not correct.
After that ticket was raised I spoke to the customer options team and requested a MAC code, which they told me I did not need for Sky and they would transfer me through to the tech support dept in the mean time anyway incase they could help resolve my issues.
So realy speaking I should have had a mac code weeks ago, instead I have had to re request it today...
I am sure the calls are recorded feel free to have a listen back.
I will send you a PM Jameseh.
James
Grafter

(Note to Mods - Might want to remove that from the swear filter now)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Done