Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet support goes from bad to worse

Brandscill
Grafter

Plusnet support goes from bad to worse

Hi,
I had to contact chat support not the 29th as I couldn't get through on the phone after 1 hour of waiting. It took 30 minutes to get through on chat and they helped open a fault as my broadband keeps disconnecting.
They advised it would be maximum 72 hours before someone responded to the ticket. 6 days on and no response I contact chat again, another 20 minute wait and then connected with the slowest responding agent I've met at Plusnet to date. He informs me someone will do some tests and update the ticket within the next 30 minutes. When asked as to why it wasn't done when advised he said everybody was extremely busy.
I just don't understand how management can sit idly by when [Censored] is clearly hitting the fan.
The response I got on the ticket after waiting 30 minutes was a bog standard 'Test reveals nothing goodbye' response.
Thanks a lot Plus Net!
Average answer time over 30 minutes, wow.
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plusnet support goes from bad to worse

Hi Brandscill,
Lets see if a bit of self help guidance will shed some light on your issue.  Sometimes the line test tools made available to ISPs by BTOR do not find intermittent faults o lines, especially in times of very poor weather.
Can you please take a look at the speed issues thread below and post back here the information requested.
Is there noise on the phone line?  Dial 17070 option 2.  If there is noise, then a phone fault should be reported to your phone provider.  If that is plus net, use the phone fault link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brandscill
Grafter

Hi Townspark,
The issues have actually subsided somewhat, I've had around 4-5 days of continued uptime and no drops, just the usual slow downs at peak times. My gripe is with how Plusnet handled the issue, they're selling the service off super cheap and then wonder why quality at their call centres is slipping.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Brandscill
My gripe is with how Plusnet handled the issue, they're selling the service off super cheap and then customers wonder why quality at their call centres is slipping.

One might argue that we are all part of the problem - we all want it as cheap as chips (or looking at the current offers, be paid to use the service) and are then surprised when support does not deliver.
Intermittent are the hardest of all to identify, locate and fix.  Self help is essential in such situations.  If you want to take a look at the links below and post back with the metrics, we'll do what we can to assist.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brandscill
Grafter

I've done the metrics, as I said it's been stable for 5 days now.
I don't see how I'm part of the problem, my service isn't cheap as chips like their recent offers, I pay for my service and are happy to do so. I moved to Plusnet under the impression they were known for great customer service but that simply isn't the case.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I don't see how I'm part of the problem, my service isn't cheap as chips like their recent offers, I pay for my service and are happy to do so....
I would not say that Brandscill's comment was directed at you personally, but was more a comment on western society, especially British, which thinks "full price = rip-off".
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Brandscill
Grafter

9 days since I last posted a question to the open ticket, finally got a response. Completely ignored the question being asked and regurgitated the previous answer.
Do I seriously have to wait another 9 days to actually get a proper answer to my question? Angry
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Townman
My gripe is with how Plusnet handled the issue, they're selling the service off super cheap and then customers wonder why quality at their call centres is slipping.

One might argue that we are all part of the problem

Yes that is one argument. But I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a decent service. Conversely, I don't think there should be an expectation of poor service based on the price. I would reckon there is actually quite a large spread on price across the PN customer base. Ranging from people paying full price for fibre on a market 1 exchange, to others getting free internet for a year. There will be a lot of customers who definitely won't think the service they are getting is cheap as chips.
Yes, we can always vote with our feet, but the way PN advertise their customer service would leave a lot of people thinking they were signing up to an ISP with great customer service.
So I really don't buy the argument of what do you expect based on the price you are paying.