cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet still not paying £50 cheque despite promises - reminiscent of Hoover Flights Fiasco

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet still not paying £50 cheque despite promises - reminiscent of Hoover Flights Fiasco

Apologies for the excessive delays with the cheque, I'm glad to hear that's arrived now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tookoffer
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet still not paying £50 cheque despite promises - reminiscent of Hoover Flights Fiasco

Update as of October, for others struggling with complaints for non-payment of cashback with telecoms companies.

Sees that raising a CISAS complaint is the way to get your telecoms supplier to take action. In my case, I found that instead of me chasing Plusnet, suddenly they were calling me ("has the cheque arrived" etc). Within a week or so of raising the CISAS complaint, I had received my cashback cheque. 

Plusnet are clearly very keen to close these complaints. My guess is that they are measured on them and the data is published and so consumers may use this to decide which supplier to select.

I was also called by CISAS and asked if they could close the complaint.  It turned out that despite having just received the cheque, I could choose to keep the complaint open and seek the  compensation I had asked for (£50), so I did this and within 2 weeks this had been paid direct into my bank account by Plusnet. I then closed my complaint as this is a reasonable compensation for my time chasing (and blogging) about this issue.

My experience is that it appears that the Plusnet policy is to "manage down" the number of cashbacks actually paid until a CISAS complaint is recorded and then they pay out quickly and try to avoid compensation claims and poor statistics.  Rather contradictory to Plusnet's "We'll do you proud" strapline I feel.

Hopefully others reading this will do similar and as a result Plusnet may consider revising its cashback administration policy.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@tookoffer wrote:

Sees that raising a CISAS complaint is the way to get your telecoms supplier to take action.

Raising this to CISAS had nothing to do with the cheque being sent out.

As per my response on 01/09/16:

HarryB wrote:

I would also just like to advise you that taking this matter through CISAS would not speed up getting a cheque sent out to you as I am already doing all I can to escalate this matter, whereas a CISAS escalation can take up to 16 weeks for a CISAS case to reach a resolution.

Between myself and @Chris, we had been chasing this matter up for you before there was any mention of CISAS and it was us taking ownership of this matter and escalating it through the appropriate channels that got the cheque sent out to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet