cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet service so bad I cancelled before I got connected

Steevio

Re: Plusnet service so bad I cancelled before I got connected

David - would you be able to provide me more details on the OTELO details as PlusNet are currently after £70 from me which is heavily in dispute. I've even offered to compromise at £30 even though i really dont feel they should get a penny after the service i received.
Many thanks
Steve
DavidH
Grafter

Mand,
Whilst your at it with the refund is there any chance of the £6.60 I've been charged by 02 for the 32 minute 43 second phone call referred to as above (MAC Key call 14:04 15/2 20p per min to an 0845 number).
Shocked
Surely the Cancellation Operative should have recognised I was calling from my mobile and offered to call me back instead of putting me on hold all that time ...?
Huh
I only called about getting a MAC Key and I was treated to a full-blown sales pitch telling me how much better Plusnet were than everyone else and why I should stay with them (even though I'd asked to cancel everything 3 days before). I interupted the sales pitch after about half an hour and reminded the chap that I'd already cancelled and I wanted a MAC Key. It was only then that he told me that I couldn't have one.
Cry Angry
(Hmmm, whilst I'm at it I might put a claim in with OTELO for all the time I've spent trying to sort this out)
Undecided Wink
DavidH
Grafter

... oh and by the way Plusnet took my money on the 17th ... two seperate debits of £11.25 and £45.99. Could I have that back now as well please?
Smiley
flodden
Grafter

I was told if I wanted to re-negotiate my previous package I had to call the Cancellation team, even though the previous year i negotiated it via the Help team.
I did so and after waiting for 30mins for an answer I gave up. Im sure there must be some regulation that you cant keep customers on hold for that long if they want to cancel their service. You get penalised for cancelling broadband unless you switch to another provider so you have to phone to get the MAC key. They must know what they are up to.
DavidH
Grafter

I wasn't on hold for the full 30+ mins. I'd already cancelled before the service was activated (thank god!). I just had to suffer the full "you're better off with us ... we'll give you two months ... no, wait three months free if you stay (I've already cancelled) ... but we can connect you quicker than anyone else, I'll just check ... ooops,no we can't ... but stay with us anyway (I've already cancelled) ... we can get you back on in a couple of weeks if you sign up again now (no, please can I just have the code that I asked you for 30 mins ago) ... oh sorry, no .. you can't have one of those ... bye" ...
Undecided
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I explained the issue regarding the MAC and regarding the refund previously. As soon as it comes back confirmed I'll make sure you get a refund of all the money that was taken, as previously agreed.
I'm not able to refund your call charges though unfortunately.
DavidH
Grafter

What do you mean by "confirmed" Mand? I cancelled on the 12th. You (conveniently) "started taking the money" on the 12th despite notification that I was going to cancel on the 12th if the connection wasn't completed by the 11th. It's all there in the tickets. The money was debited from my account on the 17th. What do you want - a copy of my Bank Statement?
Somebody somewhere is taking the p*** and I'm going to put it in the hands of the Regulator to find out.
"You owe,
You owe,
To OTELO I go ..."
Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
By confirmed I mean a notification from our bank that the money has been received. I'd expect us to have this by Monday at the latest (a DD cycle takes around 7 days from us submitting it to the confirmation being recieved, with the money being debited in the middle of this period).
DavidH
Grafter

Process started on the 12th (couldn't have been any later as that was the day I cancelled)
12 + 7 = 19
Today is the 19th. Process completes. Jeeez, don't you guys have online banking there?  Grin
You've got my bank details, my credit card details ... hell, you've even got my home address so you could courier the cash round this afternoon if you really wanted to. Whatever happened to good old customer service eh ...?  Wink
Like I said on the ticket (the one that's not going to be read until tomorrow) ... money back by close of business today like your cancellations chap told me or money back plus compensation via OTELO or the small claims court under SI 2002:3045 - The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002
Thank you.

Note to other thread readers ... if you want to get out of your contract on what you believe to be unfair grounds have a good look at these Regulations, they've been successfully used on a number of occasions.
DavidH
Grafter

... and now threatened with censorship by Oldjim ...
"...I have no intention of unlocking your thread/poll and if you continue scatter-gun posting in this manner I will seriously consider removing your posting rights to this forum..
Regards,
Jim"

Take a good look everybody - this is what Plusnet is all about ...
Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Oldjim is not a member of Plusnet staff, he's a customer who has volunteered his own time to help look after the forums and they do a very very good job.
Mand has been and is continuing to help with your other queries.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DavidH
Grafter

I will be opening a Facebook Group tonight on this matter.
PM me for the link and share it on your pages.
Dave.
Mand
Grafter

David,
Your refund has now been issued. It'll go into the same account it was taken from, but it will take longer than a day to process I'm afraid.
As a side note, we're not part of OTELO, we're part of the CISAS arbitration scheme, but a pre-requisite for them taking up your case is following our complaints procedure in full and coming to a deadlock situation. As we've refunded your money now, that situation doesn't apply.
DavidH
Grafter

Thank you.
Smiley
Was it the full amount for both debits - £11.25 and £45.99?
re: OTELO - you're owned by BT, they are part of OTELO ... good enough for me but seeing as you've refunded my money I'm prepared to leave it there.
Now, can anyone recommend a good ISP ...?              ONLY JOKING ...!!!!!
Grin
Mand
Grafter

Yes, it was the full amount for both debits.
As I've said, I can't issue a refund for the call cost.