cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet service fault not been fixed and no update at all on ticket

thermalboyz

Plusnet service fault not been fixed and no update at all on ticket

Have fault on phone line and internet last friday morning, reported to CS and been given a ticket (Question #81308521) and date to fix it. Now the estimated date has passed and I tried to contact through my ticket for update and unfortunately no response at all.
I am very disappointed with their service and efficiency on fixing fault. Called CS yesterday and been given NO update and time will be fixed, just a general thing saying they had passed the info to supplier/ engineer will be in contact soon. I will be looking for compensation soon as I can't do my work for more than 5 days already and i don't know how long it will take to fix it.
I am really considering switching to other provider as my contract will end in a month time. Been looking for alternative and reliable service soon.
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet service fault not been fixed and no update at all on ticket

Hi thermalboyz,
I'm really sorry to hear of the fault you've got at the moment. Your Fault Ticket was put on hold until after the estimated repair time. The way we work tickets, is by working the oldest ticket first.
It would appear that you've commented on your ticket 4 times since the ticket was released which has meant that the ticket is yet to be worked unfortunately as the ticket is no longer the oldest. I'll get this picked up by our Faults Team now and we'll be in touch with an update for you.
thermalboyz

Hi, the Fault Ticket has passed the Estimated repair time. Therefore I chase for the update here in forum, if needed i will try other method to chase the update.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thermalboyz,
There won't be an update until the Faults team have investigated this further and they will provide an update on ticket 81308521 for you. As my colleague stated previously, he's arranging for the ticket to be picked up by a member of our Faults team now.
thermalboyz

Thank you Chris and Linn. Looking forward to fast track fault fixed.
thermalboyz

Thank you for chasing this ticket up. Got a response from PN as follows:
We have contacted our suppliers today to review your fault case.
"Our suppliers have advised an engineer went to site on the 17th of February and the tests on site could not locate the fault. He attempted to gain access to the property at this time to verify the issue from the end users side but was unable to get access.
We have been advised that we require an engineer booking to progress this fault,
Please can you provide ideally 3 opportunities to come to you.
The slots are 0800-1300 and 1300-1800 Monday to Friday.
Please note that should the engineer find the fault is caused by internal wiring, faulty equipment or damaged BT equipment inside the property, a £99 charge will apply"

The Fault in the ticket was as below, I do not want to be charge £99 call out therefore i am trying to understand what I can do to check. What it means "Test result Between DP and CA"? Fault type "NDT" means? I am renting a flat and if anything wrong inside the building I can get the landlord to fix it therefore if internal fault found I would not need to pay the £99. I now need to understand the definition of where the fault will be and then i can try to check it myself without calling BT engineer, then i can make sure if it is internal i could contact Landlord to sort it out. I fully appreciate your input on this. Thank you.
**internal**
Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: between DP and CA
Fault Ref: TR0000003317010
Estimated Resolution Time: 18/02/14 23:59:59
Contact Details: xxxxxxxxxx
dick:green Personal details (mobile number) removed from a public forum.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting us know that your ticket has been updated.
Most of the acronyms that are displayed under the internal section are explained here: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-broadband-network/ and here: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-fault-locations/ which should be of some use.
NDT - stands for No Dial Tone
Test Results: This shows the location that a fault has been detected at on our systems - DP (Distribution Point and Customer Apparatus) further information on this can be found on the above links.
Fault Ref: This is the reference of the fault on our suppliers systems
To be sure that the fault isn't being caused by anything internal we always advise the following:

• Trying an alternative corded handset

• Connecting your phone, on it's own, into your <a href="https://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml#whatsTest">Test Socket</a>

• Ensure there are no obvious, exposed internal wiring

If you have any specific questions, please do let us know and we'll help the best we can.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@thermalboyz - you might want to edit your last post to remove your mobile number...
thermalboyz

Just to update, yesterday night it SUDDENLY back online, I've tried few times days before by unplug and restart router but it doesn't work. Yesterday by unplug and restart router works and now I wonder why / what caused the issue.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The Faults Team will follow this up (if possible) and will let you know what their findings are.
Glad to see you're back online now though Smiley