Did you mean: 

Plusnet sent me a letter meant for someone else

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet sent me a letter meant for someone else

Quote from: aesmith
Quote from: lucerne
Certainly I would not claim that, but I make a good effort, where the name is obscured to make sure of the recipient. (I daren't open SWMBO's). One of the few exceptions I made to opening mail, was some addressed to the previous owner in respect of $ shares. We had been forwarding it on for years, and I finally lost patience with her failure to do anything. By "illegally" opening it I found a UK office, advised them of her details. Right or wrong, the annoyance ceased.

It's only illegal if it's deliberate, and intended to be to the detriment of the correct addressee.
Hence the inverted commas! Cheesy
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: bounty
It has my door number and road as well as the post code. there is only 4 bungalows in this road and no one has that name.
why would someone sign up using someones address?

I doubt it was intentional. Signup uses address checking so they may have entered the post code incorrectly and blindly chosen the house number without realising the street name was wrong?

This isn't what's happened, and I have to admit it looks like the mistake may well be ours. Somebody should be in touch before too long to sort things out/put your mind at ease. You needn't worry about anything though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bounty
Dabbler

Plusnet Staff contacted me yesterday, they are looking into it. I have found out myself that it is plusnet misstake.