cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's diabolical service gets even worse.

steveinhosm
Dabbler

Plusnet's diabolical service gets even worse.

Fibre broadband ordered first week in June and money paid for router's postage and packaging...
Appointment day arrives, take day's holiday from work - no engineer arrives.
Contact Lessnet customer services - informed that there'd been a "processing error" with my order.
New date given for a fortnight later, engineer comes, does his job...and asks where I've put the router.
Ring Even-lesser-net to be told there'd been another computer processing error. Router, I'm informed, will be sent out by first-class post.
Next day - no delivery.
Following day - no delivery.
Today, and on my third day with no home internet connection because of the router-free situation (this is being written on my mobile phone), I'm thinking of reverting to my two previous occupations as a daily newspaper journalist and Citizens' Advice Bureau adviser to highlight this once-brilliant company's now-appalling customer service.
Fibre broadband from the people "who'll do you proud", eh?
Hair, out, one's, tearing. Rearrange these four words to spell anger, frustration, disappointment, diabolical, excuses and not fit for purpose. Better book off more holiday in case the router needs signing for tomorrow, the day after...
11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Plusnet's diabolical service gets even worse.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that have happened.
With regards to the router this was dispatched last night and fits through most letter boxes so you shouldn't have to sign for it,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

Did the engineer install a modem?
If not, things are even worse.
If yes, you can connect a computer direct to it via Ethernet. That will give you access to the net. You enter your username (username@plusdsl.net) and password into the appropriate Windows network connection option. On Mac I assume there is something similar.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Sorry to be reading this list of troubles.
It makes me wonder if the CEO bothers reading posts on this forum or does he just rely on team leaders/heads of departements to inform him of what's happening ?
Plusnet has a responsibility to it's shareholders, staff and customers and the list of failures identified on these forums should be something of concern.
Perhaps a statement from the CEO himself would confirm if he views these forums or not ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
sjptd
Grafter

I would be very surprised if the CEO regularly reads the forums; it would be a fairly severe case of micro-management and lack of trust in his team if he did.
He might read them occasionally to get a more direct feel of what people think.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Don't agree, how many senior managers or Team leaders are going to tell the boss all the things wrong in their department, they would simply be told it was their job to sort it out.
How many times have we seen in companies things go to the wall and the CEO says it was never brought to my attention whereas in many private businesses the top guy always involves himself at all levels just to make sure everything is running ok. By doing this it gives staff at lower grade levels the opportunity to voice their concerns and know they are being listened to.
It's certainly not about the CEO managing departements but about knowing what's going on in every part of the business.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ive been a member of plusnet for over a year now and not once have i seen a post made by the CEO, in contrast i use to be a Member of BEthere ( still would have been if they were not sold to Sky) and the CEO of Bethere on occasion would post on the forums, goes to show who really cares about their customers. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How to connect one PC to the fibre modem without a router: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Estragon
Rising Star

@jelv
Looks like the OP lost interest.
Sometimes I wonder why any of us try to help people.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Or maybe the OP just cancelled out of frustration.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well I hope someone from CRT rings this customer and apologises and resolves any outstanding issues - instead of just reading the thread Huh
Estragon
Rising Star

More likely he received it the next day and is happily connected.