Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's Illegal Insistence On Cheque Only Refund/Goodwill Gesture

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet's Illegal Insistence On Cheque Only Refund/Goodwill Gesture

@RealAleMadrid I don't need any lessons on ranting from someone with your forum name, who has quite probably already had several beers in his day by the time he decides to take a pop at another forum member for a bit of entertainment.

I also don't see what part of people being entitled to specify their preferred means of payment and cheques being a well known deliberate way to minimise the cost of refunds and payouts by organisations who don't want to pay the money back at all it is that you don't seem to get exactly?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Please keep the replies civil. Do not let this thread descend into a slanging match.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Capvermell
Rising Star

@Mav As forum moderator do you have any power to suggest to Plusnet Staff that they need to make some sort of public pronouncement on why they are still insisting on issuing payments to customers by cheque and perhaps also to offer a process to convert a cheque in to an electronic payment for those customers who find them a horribly inconvenient form of money transmission by the company.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@Capvermell 

Moderators are customers just like you with no influence on Plusnet procedures.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Strange world @Capvermell but PN method of redress by cheque has been the same for years. I can well understand your grief, for example my nearest bank is 12 miles away......Needless to say I do everything online,no choice really.

Electronic (re)payments should be the norm nowadays. Even HMRC who wrote to me today to say I'd overpaid tax have gone modern. Go online and claim it to be in my bank account within 5 days. As opposed to receiving a cheque which would take 60 days to come on through. Took all of 5 mins - takes 20 mins just to get into town by car.

TBH I can't recall the last time I paid out or received a cheque.

Good luck.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Capvermell
Rising Star

@Mav Thanks for your clarification re the role of the moderators in the forum.

However I think I'm right in saying that Plusnet staff members do sometimes post in the discussion threads in this forum as and when they deem it appropriate to do so and/or these days having possibly also received approval in triplicate to do so from the top BT aparatchik now in control of the Plusnet business.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

If a bank is not providing you with the services required.......change to a bank that does.

I fully accept that PN are in the wrong in not refunding your money via the same method you paid and it will cause you considerable inconvenience but surely this is a one off in the sense PN are unlikely to send you more cheques but in the time it has taken to type these post you could have driven there and back.....parking fee for 1 hour.

For all the things people are having to deal with these days this is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

😀

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Capvermell
Rising Star

@gleneagles But I'm not just considering my own position here but also that of all the other customers that the naughty chiselling Finance Directors of various large utility companies seem to think they can get away with refunding by cheque whilst also clearly believing this will save them money because of the number of cheques customers lose, never get round to paying in or that expire under the 6 month time limit rule......................

Plusnet also had a previous naughty practice of trying to charge customers who left them for LLU operators (normally TalkTalk or Sky) a penalty cancellation fee, even though that was illegal under the regulations.

Only following BT's acquisition of Plusnet did that naughty behaviour finally come to an end so that I managed to leave them for Now Broadband without suffering that leaving penalty charge.

As I believe BT do not insist on issuing repayments to customers by cheque I hope that Plusnet will also now be forced to fall in to line in respect of that unacceptable corporate policy on their part quite probably dating back to the days of former independent Plusnet CEO Lee Strafford.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Capvermell. I've addressed this via an email to you but thought I'd also provide a standpoint here for clarification. As has already been pointed out earlier in this thread, we're able to issue refunds for specific invoices via the payment methods they were originally paid with, normally by direct debit. With regards to money issued for gestures of goodwill, our process has always been to issue this in a cheque format.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"I would have thought that it would have been quite obvious that I don't have a Lloyds Bank current account or any other bank account with it from my referencing of paying in the cheque with NatWest."

My deepest grovelling apology for trying to help!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If only solving third world problems was as easy as taking a trip to the bank!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Townman 

Or as cheap as an envelope and stamp!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Capvermell
Rising Star

@Townman What exactly do problems in the Third World have to do with Plusnet acting in a luddite manner by going on totally unnecessarily issuing cheques two years after the original target deadline of the banks for phasing them out?

I suppose you are one of those people who also challenge every non NHS form of government expenditure by claiming that if that expenditure hadn't been made it would have paid for another NHS nurse or bed🙄

Capvermell
Rising Star

@Baldrick1 An envelope and a stamp these days costs almost £1.  How do your work that out as cheap compared to a zero cost same day electronic Faster Payment that involves no environmental damage in the form of carbon emissions to move the envelope and cheque or trees being felled to provide the paper for both items.

Why don't you just have a big flag in your profile saying "I'm a blind Plusnet loyalist who is daft enough to never leave and I always unswervingly and unquestioningly support every last thing they do".😠

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Capvermell  

To repeat my previous reply to you, I am not supporting the Plusnet line. However this is their policy and it appears that you now accept that this is not an illegal action contrary to your earlier claim.

The problem that you have progressing your campaign on this forum is that there are many contributors who do their best to help people who have a problem. You are clearly not interested in solving your problem,.you simply want supporters to your cause to rise up against this Plusnet policy.

Your lashing out at those who decide not to support your capaign will do little to help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'