cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced!

joncar
Dabbler

Plusnet provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced!

My main complaint is the total lack of feedback and response to tickets raised for connection faults. In the past 3  years I have had 3 major faults that have affected my Broadband connection.  On the past 2 occasions Plusnet has utterly failed to resolve the issues even after weeks of phone calls and tickets raised (they could not find any fault and I'd just have to live with really slow connection speeds - 64 -100K!!). On those occasions I was given lots of excuses about the company growing and being very busy and training new staff etc etc. To cut a long story short the fault was only resolved when the fault also started effecting my voice calls on the phone line which only happened weeks and months after it affected my broadband. Once this happened I could raise a fault call to BT, who are frankly amazingly efficient and gave me total confidence in their service. Each time faulty cable was replaced in the road. I could then get connections of around 2MB - which I was very happy with
Once again I am having major connection problems - line really struggles to sync, SNR really high one minute and then drops to zero, connection drops . Tried different routers in master socket  -  this didn't make a difference. I raised a ticket a week ago, it took 3 days to tell me that the answer to all my problems was 'interlacing' which would be helpfully implemented for me and would also make gameplay pretty useless ( not a cure for the fault but just a sticking plaster to mask it). Well not surprisingly this has made no difference to the fault. I fed this info back on Wednesday and since then have heard absolutely nothing. I have never dealt with any organisation that leaves me so frustrated. I'm not sure if it's a comfort or otherwise to see that there are several other customers here experiencing similar levels of service and frustration. I have not phoned yet, as in my experience that only leaves me only more fed up with the service and a higher phone bill!  It is stated that connection faults take longer to deal with because they have to be escalated to 3rd parties and on average take 8 days to resolve. Well I'm on the 8th day since I reported this fault and all I've had is one automated response. Someone is really going to have to pull their finger out to resolve this now within 8 days! Another gripe is why can't I report a fault? Why is it that the only way to do this is hunt around the website and then ending up 'asking a question'  Huh ?Why can't it be raise a ticket or report a fault. It's almost as if Plusnet Cutomers never have any problems - as if !!
41 REPLIES 41
DpOgburn
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet provides the worst customer service that I have ever experienced!

I Agree, I have been a Plusnet customer for 9 years+, i raised a ticket the other day over webspace and it took 3 days to get an answer on my ticket, only stated the obvious, now 3 days per transaction or cost to me to spend an hour on the phone to ring them, see how they make profit.  when i first joined plusnet all them years ago they where a sound option, support was first class. but now i feel they are just looking at quantity over quality and just want a mac code to get out..
TicnTac
Grafter

............keep reading things like this.................and well I know I know I know..................but one word........ok, two letters, sums it all up really............you ready? Wink
B.T.
.....I mean come on.........what do you expect, really?
Grin Cheesy  Roll_eyes
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 64

B.T.  Better Training.....for more staff to answer tickets quicker....
B.T. Better Timing....For initial responses to tickets
B.T. Better Targets.... For answering tickets promptly
B.T. Buying Time.... so that the assurances given in 2009 and early 2010 can be realised....  Sad
joncar
Dabbler

Well I thought I should post an update to my original posting of 3 weeks ago. I thought that I might have been a little harsh in the title for this thread however I really do think that it was justified. I have had a very degraded broadband service for 1 month now ( at times totally unusable, and at best dial up speeds)  and there is absolutly no sign of when it is going to be resolved. Everything has been done to eliminate internal causes for this and everything points to a problem external on the line. The single most frustrating issue is that every single response that I log for this ticket takes at least 4 or 5 days to get any reply. I can accept an initial delay maybe but once things start to get moving I would expect for communication to be a little more swift. I understand that my ticket has now been forwarded to 'the priority team' and that all responses should be within 24 to 48 hours. Well if this is priority service then I only shudder to imagine what level of service comes with 'ordinary level service' - maybe sometime later this year we might get around to you maybe...?Huh
Not a happy or in any way satisifed customer right now -    Just let me know what is happening
joncar
Dabbler

I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone there at all that may be able to help me here
I had a visit from BT last Monday 7th Feb, the fault was not resolved on this visit and the engineer could not locate the cause of it. for a short time the normal service of 2mb connection was restored which lasted for approx 2 hours after the engineer left then it returned to around 120k
I immediately reported this back to PN customer Service, it took several days to come back and say the call was still outstanding and would be reviewed and I would get an update within 24-48hours
I've heard nothing until Monday when I was told that there was a major service outage right in my area and so BT could not progress this any further - however it was due to be resolved yesterday.
Well it's now Wednesday 16th and I've not heard anything at all, I guess I have to wait another 4 or 5 days before getting any futher response. It's now nearly 5 weeks and still no resolution in sight

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi joncar,
Unfortunately there's no further information on the MSO at present though I can assure you your fault has been escalated with our suppliers and as soon as we have any more information on this we'll update you. I've checked on the MSO this morning and it hasn't been marked as resolved yet I'm afraid.
Tony321
Dabbler

Quote from Joanne Pilson of Plus Net support says:
Note: I would urge anyone reading this who thinks they have a fault to actually raise a fault rather than a question as we have an automated fault checker which will eliminate any minor faults and is a much more efficient way of diagnosing a fault rather than asking a question and waiting for a reply.
If you just raise a Ticket that is considered a Quesstion and NOT a fault. You should use the Fault Troubleshooter option and go through the questions to raise a fault which is actually logged with PlusNet even though it looks like it isn't. Also make sure you run the speedtester.bet.com speed test which is logged both by BT and PlusNet and can be refered to in any communications.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tony,
In this case a fault has already been raised and logged, though thanks for spreading the word - the more people we get using the troubleshooter the better and easier it'll get for everyone Smiley
joncar
Dabbler

Hi,
Thanks for the responses
It is interesting about the comment regarding raising questions versus faults. I think I pointed out in my feedback how difficult it is to raise a fault - there does not appear to be a specific link to 'Report a Fault'  - surely there is something missing here. Going through the fault checker only raises a 'question' and does not seem to differentiate between the two. Do faults and questions get any different priority?
Regarding the MSO, if indeed this is the case and it has lasted a week already, why is it not listed on your MSO report page - An MSO lasting a week would seem fairly major to me! (I know it is only the last 20  - but why not show all MSO's outstanding)
Where is Guildford in the list? I can't see it
BT Major Service Outages
BT Major Service Outages
This list shows the 20 most recent Major Service Outages that PlusNet has been notified of. To find more information, click a particular title.
: MENDLESHAM MUX 301 : LOSS OF SERVICE
17/02/2011 13:18
APPLETON ROEBUCK MUX 001 : DEGRADED SERVICE
17/02/2011 11:04
LIMPLEY STOKE MUX 101 : DEGRADED SERVICE
17/02/2011 10:29
MOTHERWELL DSL 001 AND DSL 002 : LOSS OF SERVICE
17/02/2011 09:58
: DOBWALLS MUX 301 : LOSS OF SERVICE
17/02/2011 09:56
EASTCHURCH MUX 102 : LOSS OF SERVICE
17/02/2011 09:41
: ERX21 MANCHESTER 4 : PARTIAL LOSS OF SERVICE
17/02/2011 00:58
: LLANFAIR MUX 101 AND LLANGADFAN MUX 101 : LOSS OF SERVICE
16/02/2011 17:16
PEMBROKE MUX 303 : LOSS OF SERVICE
16/02/2011 13:20
: LIMPLEY STOKE MUX 101 : DEGRADED SERVICE
16/02/2011 10:26
STORMONT MUX 101 : PARTIAL LOSS OF SERVICE 
16/02/2011 09:14
NORTHBOURNE MUX 101 : PARTIAL DEGRADED SERVICE
16/02/2011 08:35
: EDINBURGH NODE 12227 : LOSS OF SERVICE
16/02/2011 01:35
: HARLESCOTT MUX 101 : LOSS OF SERVICE
15/02/2011 21:27
: CARMARTHEN ATM NODE 11123 : PARTIAL LOSS OF SERVICE
15/02/2011 19:43
LOSTWITHIEL MSAN 301 : LOSS OF SERVICE
15/02/2011 09:14
BLANTYRE DSL 101 : DEGRADED SERVICE
15/02/2011 08:08
: ESR15. EDINBURGH : LOSS OF SERVICE
15/02/2011 04:52
: ADLINGTON MUX 101 : LOSS OF SERVICE
14/02/2011 23:30
: BURRAVOE MUX 301 : LOSS OF SERVICE
14/02/2011 13:54

And from BT's Website
Broadband
Thu 17/02/2011 at 09am Ongoing  Problem in the Eastchurch area 
Dialling codes affected: 01795
Estimated time to resolve: 2hrs
We know that some of our customers in the Eastchurch area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 10am Ongoing  Problem in the Motherwell area 
Dialling codes affected: 01698
We know that some of our customers in the Motherwell area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 10am Ongoing  Problem in the Limpley Stoke area 
Dialling codes affected: 01225
We know that some of our customers in the Limpley Stoke area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 03pm Ongoing  Problem in the Kensal Green area 
Dialling codes affected: 0208968 0208964 0208960 0208969
We know that some of our customers in the Kensal Green area are having trouble getting online at the moment. Sorry about this. We're working to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 10am Resolved  Problem in the Uxbridge area 
Dialling codes affected: 01895 0208867
The problem in the Uxbridge area has now been resolved. You may still need to restart your modem or router to restore your broadband service

Thu 17/02/2011 at 11am Resolved  Problem in the Appleton Roebuck area 
Dialling codes affected: 01904
The problem in the Appleton Roebuck area has now been resolved. You may still need to restart your modem or router to restore your broadband service.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 01pm Resolved  Problem in the Mendlesham area 
Dialling codes affected: 01449
The problem in the Mendlesham area has now been resolved. You may still need to restart your modem or router to restore your broadband service.

Thu 17/02/2011 at 04pm Resolved  Problem in the Colindale area 
Dialling codes affected: 0208200 0208205 0208456 0208812 0208731 0208201
The problem in the Colindale area has now been resolved. You may still need to restart your modem or router to restore your broadband service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Faults see Portal to Members Centre> Connection Settings
Direct link
https://faults.plus.net/
Is that what you are looking for?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and have you looked here for just the status of your exchange recent history?  http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is the full service status for my exchange  http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Braintree&exact=146&plugin=vp&full=1, long time since I looked at another exchange, but you add the end bit to a simple search
&plugin=vp&full=1
joncar
Dabbler

Many thanks for those links pierre _pierre, I've checked them out and there is no history of outages in my area, however it's somewhat out of date , only showing status up until 11th Feb
The good news is that I've been informed that the MSO has been resolved and that the fault has been passed back to the BOT team (whatever that is) and they will be looking at it shortly.
Well that is the same situation I was in a week and a half ago, so nothing has changed yet and I'm not much the wiser. Today it's exactly 5 weeks since I reported the original fault
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The exchange checker data is the latest available, its a summary for all exchanges which BT issue on a weekly basis.
BOT is Plusnet's Broadband Operations Team, in this context the Faults Team.
David