cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet phone & fibre service just does not work

Criticmonkey

Plusnet phone & fibre service just does not work

I have been a Plusnet customer for just 3 weeks. There has been a fault on my line (intermittent phone/internet and throttled speeds because of fault) since day 1. Each complaint takes 48hrs+ for a response of "its fixed", only for me to complain again within a couple of days that it isn't. There seems to be a lot of "buck-passing" between Plusnet complaints dpt and the BT engineers that come out to rectify. 3 weeks of paying for a service that I blatantly am not receiving, in my mind, is far from acceptable.
I swapped from Sky to Plusnet because I thought they were inept. At least with Plusnet, I am paying a fraction less for their ineptitude.
5 REPLIES 5
Criticmonkey

Re: Plusnet phone & fibre service just does not work

As you can see, I was happy on day 1 when the installation engineer ran a speed test, and have been complaining ever since.
picbits
Rising Star

Have you made sure all tests have been done on a wired connection to the router ?
When I run speed tests on my machines via wireless, I get vastly differing results depending on what is going on with other wireless networks in the vicinity.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Criticmonkey,
I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue with the service after the initial installation, I can see that you've had two faults raised on the account with the latest one showing as still ongoing. It appears that we passed the fault to the supplier and they provided us with an estimated fix date of the 06/08/14 which should mean that the services are restored for you tomorrow.
If you need an update on the faul progress, you can see the latest details here on the support ticket.
Criticmonkey

@DomS
Yep, all tests hard wired.
picbits
Rising Star

Ahh well that rules that out - thanks for the reply Smiley