cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet now worst ISP in UK?

johpal
Grafter

Re: Plusnet now worst ISP in UK?

When I requested my MAC last year, I couldn't get through on the 'phone. I wrrote a letter and PN responded by raising a ticket!  Grin
The grass did look greener with O2 and still is. I admire PN for many things, but instead of BT learning from PN how things should be done, IMHO, BT has beaten PN into submission with a big stick and said "You do it our way!"
Anybody with experience of BT as an ISP will know what I mean.  Wink
karmi
Grafter

Hi adam thanks for your response and I do apologise for my tone in the first message; was extremely annoyed with the fact I couldn't get anything done on the Sunday night due to the problems with my connection and took it out on the forum.
As I said initially; you can't fault the Plusnet staff whatsoever and they are always top notch (even if it takes a little time to get a reply because presumably; they are very busy). Once again it is just ashame how PN (who I used to regard as the best ISP in the UK and have reccomended about 5 of my friends to join over the past 5 years who have been happy ever since) have been forced into this by as you lot are saying; presumably BT.
With the whole MAC code thing its no wonder you have to phone up/write a letter as it becomes more personal and allows Plusnet to retain customers; I work for Halifax and we do the same if anybody wants to leave we have some deals to encourage them to stay or will sort the problem to keep them as a customer. The only issue is most people who want to leave are very stubborn and generally refuse any sort of deal!
I very much doubt it is infact to do with my line; granted I have just moved to ADSL2+ and prior to this when i was on adslMAX 8mb I never synced below 8128/448 afaik and have had very few problems up until recently when the traffic shaping came into play. I am not even concerned about download speeds to a huge extent; if we had equivalent of lets say 5mb on peak and the normal service off peak that'd be fine; but 400-600k on peak between 3-4 users? Which leads me on to the fact my next door neighbour on Bethere with far worse line stats then me (he only syncs at about 10800; guess he has a poor quality line) can ping UK servers @ 15-20ms with 0ms jitter, whereas on peak my latency is 50-90ms with like 15ms jitter and offpeak its just 40ms constantly with 0ms jitter (with interleaving ON; used to have 20-25ms with it off on adslMAX).
I am HOPING tomorrow when I move to Plusnet pro that on peak the service is good (latency wise primarily) and will stick with it for a little while to see how it goes / how much it costs me per month and as I am not on any sort of contract can just go to Bethere if its too expensive / service isnt as expected. Only time will tell....
IF a PN employee reads this; can you turn interleaving OFF On my line? I think its automatically turned on because I kept resyncing to change gateways (doing a 30R cycle on router, probably flagged up as BT as DCN or something) but yeah I hopefully won't have to do this as off tomorrow. According to last ticket update; PN Pro migration @ mid day tomorrow, upsteam uncapped also, but no mention of when interleaving will be turned off? Question #39272303 btw.
Thanks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For future reference
You do not need to resync when changing gateways - just disconnect the and reconnect the connection to Plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Karmi,
Thanks for the reply and the kind words about us, I'll make sure interleaving is turned off for you tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team