cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet not very fair when it comes to customers

tomthumb

Plusnet not very fair when it comes to customers

Hi therE My name Tom Gilfeather
I joined Plusnet in month of October i have max 60gig so when i go over this Iam charged £5 for 5gig a TOTAL RIP OF .

Had i known what I no now Angry that is  BT owns Plusnet I would NEVER have joined them,
  for instance I phoned them up to ask if I could have an incresase in my usage, as I had just joined there was no chance,
The chap said if my term was just about to expire they could do something TALK ABOUT HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD THATS PLUSNET,
NEXT POINT IS THEY APPLY TRAFFIIC SHAPEING TO UR BROADBAND and this goes on all day long my speed goes as little as 20kb AND OLD INTERNAL MODEM WOULD BE QUICKER
I'am very disapointed with the service I just wish I had known BT was involved, they are the biggest rip of of all.
NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL OCTOBER  Sad TO GET FREE FROM PLUSNET CANNOT COME QUICK ENOUGH I WILL MOVE TO ZEN NET THEY ARE A LITTLE BIT MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
IT WAS MY ORIGINAL INTENTION TO GO WITH  ZEN BUT MY SON TALKED ME OUT OF IT BECAUSE HE IS WITH THESE COYBOYS AT PLUSNET
THE OLD STORY LIVE AND LEARN, YOU NO I REPAIR LAPTOPS AND P.C. FOR A LIVING AND HAVE A CLIENT BASE OF OVER 2000, CLIENTS ARE ALWAYS ASKING ME  WOULD RECCOMEND
I CAN ASURE YOU IT IS NOT PLUSNET i'AM SO BL---Y FRUSTRATED WITH BROADBAND COMPANIES RIPPING PEOPLE OF THEY ARE SO GREEDY, THEY PROMISE THE EARTH AND YOU THEN GET SHAFTED ONCE YOU
PISSED OF CUSTOMER OF PLUSNET.
THIS POST MAY GET TAKEN DOWN BECAUSE IT IS TRUE
CHEERS ALL AND THANKS FOR READING
TOM GILFEATHER IRVINE AYRSHIRE
9 REPLIES 9
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Plusnet not very fair when it comes to customers

Welcome to the forum Tomthumb
A little bit of research would of gone a long way In your case, Traffic shaping Is no secret, Most ISP do this, Also your post wont get taken down because you think Its the truth, It may however be edited what with all these caps lock Letters.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tomthumb

Hi Steve
Thanks for the quick reply
I was just so frustrated when writing and I got carreid away with my complaints you are right though it does need editing,
and by the way the only company I know that DOES not do traffic shaping is ZEN NET that is who I will go with  there was a review in some of the most popular computer magazines about rip of internet companies
and I can assure you PLUSNET were one of the worst
That is also were I saw Zen net it stated the do not do traffic shapeing and the came out with top marks for ther service and customer support,
BT/PLUSNET could learn how to run a company by looking at there set up
ok thats enough ranting for one day
Thanks again Steve for the quick reply
I'am a 30yr old trapped in a 60yr old body LOL
Tom g
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I completely understand your frustration at just discovering a few things you have pointed out, You do know that from midnight to 8am everything runs at full line speed and you can download as much as you like within them times and It wont affect your usage?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tomthumb

Hi Steve
Yes I know midnight to 8am you can do what you have to
But I dont want to turn into an owl lol, Roll_eyes
my wife sees little of me as it is, dont know if thats good or bad
I'am up most nights I do a lot of video editing of clients tapes, and I always have laptops to work on etc etc,
Just wish my son had not told me about Plusnet,
when I'am working on laptops for clients i have to do a lot of downloading for them i.e. trial programs, just two nights ago a client asked me to get them the trial of Pinnacle Studio 15 this is a 2gig download
also eidus that is 2.7gig. so my usage goes up and I'am limited to 60gig plus £5 for every 5gig ,
that is a rip of
why can Plusnet not give customers a reasonable amout of gigs  say about 100 gig at there prices that would be an other £40 I would have to pay
I would pay a little more for the service but they make more monies when the limit you ( GREEDY PEOPLE )
then I have to wait 3hrs for a 2 plus gig download, 30kb a second approx
so sloooooooooooooow  at times
Not all the time but most times it goes to a crawl 
Cheers Steve told you enough about my Frustrations dont want to bore you
Tom G
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As you appear to be on the Extra product you aren't on a 12 month contract.
The only things you would need to pay if you migrated out before 12 months are the deferred cost items on your account - free router, migration charge etc.
Given that Zen would charge you £35.74 per month with a 100GB limit or £25.52 for a 50GB limit (note these are download only) with an additional charge of £1.49 per GB this would seem to dwarf the early cancellation charges
tomthumb

Hi Oldjim
I was not aware of this I thought I was on a 12mth contract I will give Plusnet a call on monday to see what the say this is my account
it says £25.00(upon cancellation)  does this mean I'am not tied to a contract
19/10/2010
BP01630347
Extra with included 60GB bandwidth
£11.49(monthly)
Deferred Setup
£25.00(upon cancellation)
Activated  Cessation charge
Activated
Talk Anytime International 300
£11.99(monthly)
Active
so can you advise me on this
Cheers Oldjim for your input if you are correct then that is xlent news I wont be with Plusnet a moment longer than I have to
althougt it does look like they are going to rip me off again to cancel this account
Tom G
jim:green white space removed mod:end

Oldjim
Resting Legend

They aren't ripping you off.
There are two charges
£25 on cancellation which only applies if the line is cancelled - if you migrate using a MAC code this doesn't apply
£25 deferred activation charge - This is a charge which BTw charge all ISPs when a customer migrates in.
tomthumb

Hi again Jim
Ok Jim I stand corrected
so let me get this right if I call Plusnet and ask for a MAC code it will only cost me £25 to cancel with them and move
is this because I have 60gig  on my account or how does it work
and thank you again Jim
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The deferred activation charge is for any broadband account  and assuming that you have listed all your deferred charges then £25 is all you would pay.
When you ask for a MAC I believe that they will advise you by ticket of the various deferred charges