cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet like to rope there customers into contract?(HAPPY ENDING)

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Plusnet like to rope there customers into contract?(HAPPY ENDING)

I have had a few issues recently regaring my speed,having changed from using the plusnet router i got i changed to an old belkin and my speeds resumed back to normal,yesterday i tried the plusnet router again and speeds just flopped,fault on my line?i dont think so which is why im reluctant to say so,i got a reply to my ticket which was very long winded about why my speed may have dropped,well i know why(i think)as ive said i tried plusnets router yesterday and rebooted 4-5 times,that router kept putting me on pcl,ag04 every time.
Anyway my ticket was asking for a replacement router as the other router i got from plusnet has obviously developed a fault,instead i got a long winded reply about why my speeds dropped!!

When i ask a member of staff here on the forum im told for £6.99 and a NEW 12 month contract i can get another router from plusnet!! now to me this does not seem right and im very dissapointed if that is the case,surely if the router i got from plusnet packs up on me in just a few months i should be entitled to a replacement at no extra cost from me?
Ive today went and bought the new Wireless Netgear N-150,DGN1000 at a cost of £64.99p,very expensive but does not come with a new' twelve month contract' I shall be keeping a very close eye on the quality of my connection.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
12 REPLIES 12
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Plusnet like to rope there customers into contract?

You're not stuck in a 12 month contract if you take a router. But if you leave you have to repay the cost of the router. That seems fair to me.
You are in a 10 day contract in all probability.
But let us know how the new router performs.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I have a brand spanking new pc,a brand spanking new router (at high cost..thanks plusnet),i also am using a brand new filter,nothing is connected to my master socket except my router and my house phone so if theres still problems with my line plusnet please fix them,i have broadband and house phone with you,im on the pro product so i will be checking my quality regularly as i possibly can
On the up side new router =2 yrs warranty and no NEW 12 month contract with plusnet,very dissapointed customer i am right now Angry
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: mal0z
You're not stuck in a 12 month contract if you take a router. But if you leave you have to repay the cost of the router. That seems fair to me.
You are in a 10 day contract in all probability.
But let us know how the new router performs.
Well its an outrage if you ask me as ive been told else where on this forum that for £6.99 i can get a new router from plusnet and take out the twelve month contract,so what warranty comes with the routers plusnets dishing out then?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Steve,
Let me take a look at your other thread, the routers we send do have a 12 month warranty so if it's failed within that we should be sending you a replacement and returns bag.
Sorry that this hasn't happened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mal0z
Grafter

Interesting legal point, if you don't pay for it, then does the sales of goods act apply ?.
I would imagine a judge would say that because it is supplied on the proviso that you stay for 12 months - then it is an implied contract, so should be warranted - but I'm no lawyer.
I have seen many instances here on   the forums that PN comms staff have sent out replacement routers in such cases.
But it doesn't harm having more than one router. I have three !
Hope your problems resolved soon Steve
[edit - oh well I crossed posted with Chris - so my point is proved. }
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi chris,i should of been told this in the ticket i raised rather than telling me what i think i already know which was i dropped quite a few times over the last few days,its too late for a new router from you now as ive went and purchased the one ive mentioned already in this thread
Chris
Legend

Let me send a returns bag out anyway, when's the best time to give you a call?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

hi chris,well can you send me another router aswell then please as mal0z stated its best to have more than one,was that you that just called by anychance?dreadfully sorry if it was but i dont answer withheld calls and my mobiles set to reject withheld calls too,you can call me anytime now if you can as i will know its you?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the call and clearing this up for me chris im a happy plusnet customer once again :),would be more happy if i had not forked that out on the new one but i suppose im slightly impatient and what rami suggested to me i thought was perhaps wrong,as mal0z said though better to have a router as a spare for fault checking etc,thanks mal0z for your interest and input here aswell Smiley
Chris
Legend

Re: Plusnet like to rope there customers into contract?(HAPPY ENDING)

No problem, thanks for taking the time to talk to me. I'll reply to the ticket on your account with what I said I was going to do.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Perhaps PlusNet should send out two routers to everyone, as an initiation present..... then if one "goes wrong" the customer doesn`t have to wait for a new one, or go to the expense of buying one.!  Roll_eyes
mal0z
Grafter

No problem Steve - I like to see fellow forum users get sorted.
I expect the Netgear will be your preferred router, but in all honesty - I often have one of my 585v7 online most of the time as it works perfectly well. I on;y use the netgear if I want to do some experimenting.
Shutter - you mean like your No 1 and No 2 , No 5's - always have a spare  Wink