cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is the most unreliable broadband provider ever.

gstrickland
Grafter

Re: Plusnet is the most unreliable broadband provider ever.

@seanjudge
Many thanks, but it's early days to formulate any judgements just yet.
My service has only been active since the 4th Jan. The disastrous signing-up was due to someone at PN missing a critical bit of information which meant the ADSL service was delayed in becoming live. PN have promised a reimbursement for the inconvenience, so that's sort of water under the bridge, but it has been noted.
I am however pretty pee'd-off that some who signed up later than I, managed to get their service connected, up and running during the Xmas period and yet I had been waiting much longer  Angry
Oh well.
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I signed up on 22nd Dec, due to be connected to fibre on the 12th Jan, hardly five days but hey it was Christmas.
Not a massive problem really as I still have BB with my existing supplier and it's only 2 days away now.
Looking forward to it.
P.S. I am with Vodafone at the mo, ya wanna try getting any sense out of their customer support. The last time I had to contact them they suggested I should unscrew the BT faceplate and clean the contacts??? Took me 45 minutes to convince them it wasn't a problem at my end. Turned out to be the card at the exchange had locked up.
P.P.S. I pre-empted the switch from Voda to PN cos I know Voda will make a hash of it.
Gerry.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Welcome to the forums Gerry.  Hope your switch goes well Smiley
Gerry
Rising Star

Thankyou, Artmo.
Gerry.
adie:quote
teeboyseven

Will be disconnected on 16th (Good news) , And my new service provider will install my new service on 17th (Even better news). Yeah.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Altogether great news!  Smiley
hulls
Grafter

Quote from: teeboyseven
Will be disconnected on 16th (Good news) , And my new service provider will install my new service on 17th (Even better news). Yeah.

Who's the new provider? and please come back and let us know how good the service is on the 19th, we'll be desperate to know  Smiley
Gerry
Rising Star

Quote from: Gerry
I signed up on 22nd Dec, due to be connected to fibre on the 12th Jan, hardly five days but hey it was Christmas.
Not a massive problem really as I still have BB with my existing supplier and it's only 2 days away now.
Looking forward to it.
P.S. I am with Vodafone at the mo, ya wanna try getting any sense out of their customer support. The last time I had to contact them they suggested I should unscrew the BT faceplate and clean the contacts??? Took me 45 minutes to convince them it wasn't a problem at my end. Turned out to be the card at the exchange had locked up.
P.P.S. I pre-empted the switch from Voda to PN cos I know Voda will make a hash of it.
Gerry.

Well, I'm here, all connected and to be honest, it's blazing fast and so far stable as a rock.
Connected this morning (12th) at 10:30 without a hitch.
1 Happy Bunny.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Good to hear Gerry.  As previously stated I'm very happy with my service from PN and I hope you will be.
pin2011
Grafter

Hello
I joined plusnet on the 4th of Jan 2012, and now have cancelled on the 6th because the internet service keeps going on and off.
And now they want me to pay for cancelling  the crapy service they offer. Well I will not pay for a service I never enjoyed for 1 hour.
They are officially the worst thing that ever happened to the UK broadband service.
New customers pls don't join plusnet because it will be one of the worst decisions of your life.
Oh deare me what a catastrophe. An upset prospective customer? Wonder how much effort was expended by the user to find out why it was going on an off? I admit it gets frustrating when something you paid for doesn't appear to work as claimed on the packet!
4th to 6th January 2012 gosh that was a quick decision!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... and will throw my toys out of the pan on the 19th and start the move to yet another ISP.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Rippedoff
Dabbler

Teeboy7 I know exactly where you,re coming from and well done for getting out so soon,most providers have a help and support section with an online advisor and plusnet are still stuck in the 20th century on this one.
I,ve had grief from the start in my year and a half with them and am finally moving to sky where I will also save about 90 pounds a year with UNLIMITED internet and none of this pay for what you dont get stuff from plusnet.
Still I,m looking forward to having a phone that works properly and my internet not disconecting every time the phone rings.
Whoever reads this post please dont stay with plusnet whatever the cost as you,ll lose in the long run.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't understand why you didn't go with Sky in the first place if the saving is apparently so much.
Rippedoff
Dabbler

well august 2010 plusnet offered me free calls after 6pm 300 international minutes per month and after being with the worst of the worst talktalk I went with plusnet.
within 4 months the 6pm cals etc had been taken away with out even notifying me and still thought oh well never mind.
But the speed now is beyond a joke,my internet disconects when the phone rings and overall is a snail provider.
customer services dosent exist ,the site is misleading and designed for the very gullible and I,ve just about had enough of them.
I am moving to sky not just because of cost but they actually have instant online help and are a much more organized outfit
You may want to research their history a little deeper to see their not all they seem to be.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you dont do your research very well, you can still have 300 international free minutes
and you would have had at least two e-mails to tell you of the changes
you can get  lot of help diagnosing your connection problems on this forum as well