Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet help site - where are the webcams/call handling stats etc

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet help site - where are the webcams/call handling stats etc

Its been a long ( very long) time since i had any issues.

at the moment Caller ID has stopped working, so i need to contact support- somehow.

in the past i would look at the call handling stats part of plusnet, and the webcams in customer support to see if it was busy // staffing levels and find the best time to contact  the 24 hour customer support line  and depending upon the wait times/staffing levels etc either call or raise a ticket.

The plusnet webcams link appears to be broken : http://www.plus.net/webcams/

as do the links to the call handling side of things

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet help site - where are the webcams/call handling stats etc

Sadly the webcams were removed years ago.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@pint wrote:

Its been a long ( very long) time since i had any issues.

Call handling stats?

Webcams?

24 hour support?

Raise a ticket?

My, you have been away a long time!

Unless you get lucky on the phone, or TwitBook, your best bet is probably to post the Caller ID problem on the 'Home Phone' board.

Good luck.  😉 🤞

Incidentally, Live Chat has been withdrawn too.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Strat wrote:

Sadly the webcams were removed years ago.

decades even?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

They were certainly there when I joined in Jun 2008, but if memory serves, they'd gone within two, maybe three years.  😢

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pint
Aspiring Pro

It seems that some of the things that made plusnet unique are no more - another reason for joining was that plusnet didnt advertise much relying mostly on word of mouth with the major advertising being on the local football teams shirt.

As for CS my main reason to call has only really been at contract renewal time to see if they will offer a new deal, i've been with plusnet for a while, but at the same time my loyalty is only as good as whatever deal they offer come renewal

As for the initial problem, Problem fixed - Open reach are working in the area installing fibre to the premises and at the same time working in the exchange one of the openreach staff/engineers said things may go on and off while they work - also said the fibre optic cables will replace the copper  and the old  cables will be decomisoned as everyone will then be eventualy be on fibre optic cables going to each property although it may be some time yet, when that happens will i have to change to a plusnet fttp deal?Huh

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@pint wrote:

As for the initial problem, Problem fixed - Open reach are working in the area installing fibre to the premises and at the same time working in the exchange one of the openreach staff/engineers said things may go on and off while they work - also said the fibre optic cables will replace the copper  and the old  cables will be decomisoned as everyone will then be eventualy be on fibre optic cables going to each property although it may be some time yet, when that happens will i have to change to a plusnet fttp deal?Huh

Ah - that kind of explains the initial problem, although it shouldn't have much effect on current connections. The comment about FTTP replacing is a long-term goal, and I would take the comment with a pinch of salt - here in Sheffield it was said in 2017/8 that we would have 70/80% FTTP availability, we currently have about 10%, although new developments are 'full fibre' AIUI.

Plusnet currently don't offer FTTP - a BT group decision - but as the roll-out continues, they may have to reconsider.

John
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I am still mourning the demise of Be.  Now THAT was service!

pint
Aspiring Pro

Ive seen a feew articles on websites stating that in certain areas openreach will stop acepting copper based services and migrate people to fibre (fttp) what will happen to customers of ISPs such as plusnet ?- and wht if they are in the middle of a contract??

unlikly to happen in the next 12 months but just curious

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@pint wrote:

Ive seen a feew articles on websites stating that in certain areas openreach will stop acepting copper based services and migrate people to fibre (fttp)

Yes please!  In this area we can't even get new FTTC connections!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@pint wrote:

Ive seen a feew articles on websites stating that in certain areas openreach will stop acepting copper based services and migrate people to fibre (fttp)

It's already begun in some areas with high fibre infrastructure (78% I think is the possible trigger)!  But don't fret just yet it will take some time into the 2030's to be fully complete.  See https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/12/openreach-consult-on-closure-plans-for-4600-uk-exchang... 

what will happen to customers of ISPs such as plusnet ?- and what if they are in the middle of a contract?Huh

By that time Plusnet may well offer FTTP, meanwhile they just lose business in such areas.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.