Did you mean: 

Plusnet gone the way of all ISP's

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet gone the way of all ISP's

Did you expect one?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: jelv
Did you expect one?

Not really.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well it seem that norskman isn't a complete Internet ignoramus so should have been aware of usage allowances and setting spend limits etc. Having set-up the Draytek, perhaps it would have been wise to check that it behaved exactly as was required. No, didn't do that, so suffers the consequences and is now more than likely going to upset upto 10 other people for something that wasn't Plusnet's fault.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If correctly configured for Primary/Backup connections, the Draytek routers with dual WAN should switch to the backup WAN in the event of the primary WAN failing, they should also switch back to the primary WAN once it is seen as re-established (it continues ARP requests on the primary after failure until a response is received).
If the primary WAN does not reconnect then the secondary will continue to be used - are Plusnet at fault if a Virgin connection will not reconnect?
If the router is set up for load balancing instead of backup (another option on Draytek dual WAN models) then it does not work as above and both WAN connections will see usage.
So amongst the possibilities are: faulty VM connection; Faulty Draytek router; Incorrectly configured Draytek router.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: w23
Has the OP ever changed product?  If so, were they made aware that any spending limit is reset to 'no limit' - this is the one area where I would expect PN to look at possible refund.

I know Norksman has alienated everyone but regardless of that, wouldn't it be better if the default spending limit was your monthly charge (rounded down to the nearest appropriate number of excess units)?  It seems reasonable to assume that nobody would want to pay more than double without specific authorization.  Either that or default to zero.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The resetting of the spending limit on product change (to 'no limit set') was always one of my few issues with Plusnet (until I changed to Unlimited).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Judging by the OP's posts he joined the FTTC beta trial in 2010 and has been on FTTC since
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88078.msg731894.html#msg731894