cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet failure to supply the router - No fibre for Christmas

sdcampbell2016

Plusnet failure to supply the router - No fibre for Christmas

Due to the amazing incompetence of Plusnet, I am a new customer and regretting it now,
I ordered 27/11, phone active 14/12, broadband may have actived 17/12, but who knows as they have failed to deliver the fibre router (using the UK's worst courier service), and its 22/12!!!
Getting the usual excuses, but will not have broadband for the family for the christmas period, really looking forward to the teenage strops!!!
Plusnet had plenty of time to post the router, so it would be there for the activation of the service but no they waited until the 15/12, they say it was posted. They waited until the busiest time of year for the worst courier company in the UK.
So far no reasons , just lots of excuses, So not happy at all.
Basically still without broadband until 2016 and Plusnet just  doesn't care Cry
22 REPLIES 22
Brandscill
Grafter

Re: Plusnet failure to supply the router - No fibre for Christmas

Were you getting the new all in one hub from Plusnet or did the OR engineer leave a BTOR Modem?
sdcampbell2016

Its supposed to be the Hub One, no engineer is required.
I believe its straight forward to install, if one turns up slightly before there's snowball fight in the hot place!!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Might be worth seeing if there's any BT Home hub 5's on ebay local to you ( for collection ) at a reasonable price. They'll work fine on Plusnet.
Might save you from the strops Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@sdcampbell2016
I'm very sorry that your router didn't arrive, we dispatched the first one around the 15th so that really should have turned up by now. Just a note that they are sent by first class post, not a courier.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Shouldn't PN send the router via a tracked service with delivery confirmation? If they did, they would know that the router had not arrived and could arrange to send another one.
As it stands, whose responsibility is it to make sure the OP has the router? I would say PN since they posted it.
Razorback
Grafter

I would say it would not harm PN to be a little more proactive. They can see that the connection that went live on 17th is not being used. Would it not be an idea to contact the (new) customer to make sure to check everything is okay?
deathtrap
Grafter

If it were me i would of purchased a device such as the billion 8800nl  from one of many retail outlets  and be using the connection that i was paying for, the billion 8800nl is way better than the re branded BT HH5 version A  and it's G.inp compatible too unlike the device supplied by plusnet
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: deathtrap
If it were me i would of purchased a device such as the billion 8800nl  from one of many retail outlets

Fair enough, but many people can't afford to go out and buy a replacement router just because they didn't get their PN one. Many people will carefully budget in their broadband costs and include the value of the supplied equipment in that offering. I see plenty of people on this forum changing providers to save a pound or two a month, so I think PN should be resolving the issue - going out to buy another router is not really the answer.
Brandscill
Grafter

Quote from: sdcampbell2016
Its supposed to be the Hub One, no engineer is required.

Did you call them when you made this post to ask them to dispatch another? Given it's sent 1st class post it may turn up before Christmas Day. I know Monday was the last recommended day but post sent on Tuesday will still likely turn up today or tomorrow.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@sdcampbell2016
I suggest you double check your address is correct here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
racey
Dabbler

Just to keep this in perspective - my router was sent by Royal Mail on December 21 and arrived the following day.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looks like the OP hasn't been on the forums since he made his last post!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

OP hasn't been on the forums since he made his last post!

Probably because he has no broadband connection due to lack of a router?? Roll_eyes
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

how was he able to make the original post then.
clearly the OP has some way of using the internet.