cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet failed their legal obligation of acting as a competent internet provider

moi

Plusnet failed their legal obligation of acting as a competent internet provider

Hi,
I would just like to post how useless plusnet have proved to be in their service to me. I was supposed to have a new phone number and fibre broadband on 28th June 2012. They could not connect my phone line until 8th July as the line kept getting rejected. The fibre broadband was meant to be installed 5 days after this but could not happen until the phone line was installed. I spoke to a Sara yesterday who said she would phone back but did not. Today I spoke to Mark, Darren and eventually, [mremoved] who admitted there had been an error on the part of Plusnet and ASDL was selected instead for my installation. Therefore, as I do not have an ASDL router, I have no internet access, for 3 weeks now it seems. [mremoved]  said he could not do anything, despite being the most senior manager there today and an engineer would now have to call around to the house. This could not happen today which I asked for as a reasonable customer, who has been dealt with incompetently, would expect. [mremoved]  expected that next week would be fine for me to accept despite his company breaking UK legislation. He was unhelpful and said that he was in charge of the call centre which is not true as when I phoned back to speak to customer services, Dean told me that there was a call centre manager, who was not [mremoved] , and I could not speak to them although there was more than one manager in and he did not know who they were. Is there someone out there who cares and can do something about this shoddy customer service???????
jim:csa
2 REPLIES 2
southheathen
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet failed their legal obligation of acting as a competent internet provider

Found myself being shoved between hell and a dark place like you, but frankly BTOpenwretch was the problem. Ordered FTTC connection which would have been fine had Openwreck actually fixed the problem in the street junction box, that has been outstanding since Mark Zuckerberg started shaving. Latest from PlusNet and Openreek is that nothing is happening until September, at which time Openrut will leap into action and 'think about' doing something again.... or not... watch this space!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet failed their legal obligation of acting as a competent internet provider

Hi moi,
Sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory starty with us.
I've taken a look through the account and we'd be able to expedite this order which should mean an installation date for you this week. Is there any times you're not available and I can get this sorted ASAP for you?
Chris