cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet error lost my broadband, telephone and line

Cascy
Dabbler

Plusnet error lost my broadband, telephone and line

I changed from O2 to plusnet in Feb paying for Fibre and telephone line rental a year in advance. On 19th Feb the broadband was activated. On Tuesday 12th Mar discovered O2 had put a cease order on line for 13th Mar from a plusnet email saying 'sorry you're leaving'! (after joining 3 weeks  earlier).
Plusnet Provisions Dept admitted that the request for line transfer from O2 to Plusnet hadn't been sent to O2. O2 said it was too late to cancel cease order.I spent 4 hours on the phone today trying to sort this.
This means my broadband and telephone line will disappear tomorrow on 13.3.13. I need this line for telephone and broadband for work. Who will pay any costs involved in this loss? Will there be a refund of money paid for advance line rental & loss of service, how do I claim compensation? If O2 bill me for using their line, who pays this? I am very very annoyed.
It's incredible that the customer has to phone both parties as an intermediary at there is no way for them to contact each other.
2 REPLIES 2
TokenCanadian

Re: Plusnet error lost my broadband, telephone and line

Hi Cascy,
Im not going to hijack your thread but I have an eerily similar situation to you. Your not the only one and I reckon we dont see more people with our situation because they can't get online.
Ill make my own thread, just wanted to show some support.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet error lost my broadband, telephone and line

@Cascy
I'm really sorry about this and for the issues encoutered. Whereas O2 are responsible for placing the cease which removed your service it is our fault that our original request for a line transfer failed before this cease was processed.
I'll investigate this further and make sure that steps are being taken to reconnect you and also that you are given a gesture of goodwill to account for our part of the issue.
Adam
PS @TokenCanadian
I'll look into your issue and reply to your thread separately.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team