cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet did not hide behind its T&C's

jdzamosc

Plusnet did not hide behind its T&C's

Before signing up I asked the salesman about the international package and about when making calls do the same restrictions apply that other companies impose, i.e. so not to be charged the call can not be more than 59 minutes and the salesman said yes.  I just discovered that we were charged about £2.60 for our first call which was only 44 minutes.  When i eventually spoken to customer service (CS) this morning I was told that international calls are only free if less than 30 minutes.  When i explained my questions to the salesman and even if I did not ask questions should the salesman have least informed me of any restrictions.  CS put me on hold and came back and said he could not refund me the money but he would put a credit on my next bill.
To me that is Customer Service at its best because i really hate companies that hide behind there T&C's when they have messed up verbally.  I am sure the salesman did not try to mislead me as he applied no pressure but we all make mistakes and how we try to put them right defines us.  Well done Plusnet. Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet did not hide behind its T&C's

Hi jdzamosc.
Welcome to Plusnet and our community forums.
Glad to see that it was resolved for you, this shouldn't have been the case but as you said mistakes can happen. You seem to have got all the info you need but if there's anything else please ask away.
Chris
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
Reassurance that the PN agent(s) concerned are provided with some form of 'refreshment'' training so that this mistake cannot be repeated would be good.  Cool
Also publishing the international call rules (if they are not already tehre) on the user portal might also help to avoid user confusion.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Also publishing the international call rules (if they are not already tehre) on the user portal might also help to avoid user confusion.

Took a little bit of finding, but they are there http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MsDizzie
Grafter

I got caught out with the International phone rules just last week  Undecided
I remembered seeing a comment about the 60min redialing for calls and assumed it applied to International too. So I was surprised to see I'd been charged (and to top it all the usage was bang on 60mins). Outrageous I know, but it was a work's conference call to the US.
Logged a ticket, but I then found I was at fault so I quickly closed it!
Quote from: MisterW
Also publishing the international call rules (if they are not already there) on the user portal might also help to avoid user confusion.

Took a little bit of finding, but they are there http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/

Perhaps I should've pleaded ignorance  Roll_eyes (or got my money back for hitting 60 mins bang on the nose  Grin )
Just an idea, could a reminder or link be placed as a Locked/Sticky Topic on the Home Phone section on the Forum?