Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Hi again TheFlyingMouse. This is beginning to sound a bit ridiculous, it's seems to be that this could be TalkTalk being obstructive - possibly not wanting to release your phone number (this is an assumption by me which could be wrong). They have been known to do this before, just to make life difficult for the departing customer.
But just to aware of the situation, the phone number you had on TalkTalk, was it a new number that they issued or was it one that you migrated in with, from another provider, if so which one?
Whatever is going on, one of the CRT will need to look at this again, hopefully in the morning.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

May I thank you all for your replies. The telephone number we have was given to us in 1987 when we moved to Ashington where we live now, at that time we were with BT. With all the disgusting attitudes that talktalk has towards its customers, I am beginning to wish I had not started this move, the net result is that my health is deteriorating.
"WE'LL DO YOU PROUD"  nuff said.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Hello, incidentally, when I first contacted talktalk to ask about cancelling my contract, they said that they had notification that I was moving to PlusNet and it would be 06/05/15 would be the termination date. I have already got a letter from them saying that they are sorry I am leaving and that I am owed a refund on line rental. All the problems I am having are from PlusNet personnel who do not seem to understand the problems they are causing a customer.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@TheFlyingMouse FWIW I think you have come to the right place with this forum. I believe the CRT on here "have more stripes up" than the average agent and I would trust what Matty says rather than spurious tickets. Shame its a weekend and a bank holiday but the CRT are often on here at odd times so there is a good chance one will be along to pick this up  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Peter,
May I thank you for your reply, however, there is another problem, both myself and my wife are disabled pensioners and, at the moment, have hospital and doctors appointments next week and the week after. It is imperative that we do not loose telephone contact with medical and emergency services. Unfortunately, this problem is forcing my wife and I to worry more and more.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion

@TheFlyingMouse
You did say you'd had your fill of TalkTalk, so making this move is probably a wise thing to have done. But don't worry. As PeterLoftus has implied the Customer Relations Team on here can very often resolve a lot of issues (and what can also be non-issues) far more than the average CSC agent responding to tickets. I'd be very surprised if you have any practical problems.
One precautionary thing I will say, I hope you haven't told TalkTalk to close or cancel your account with them.The transfer process automatically deals with their connection being terminated at the time the changeover takes place.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues your having.
I can confirm that both the phone and broadband are still due to transfer over on the 6th so I'm not sure why you've received the information you have. I'll get that fed back internally.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Please may I thank, both MattyC and Mr Matthew Wheeler, for your posts. It certainly puts your mind at rest and settles your chest. I hope all goes well on Wednesday, 6th May and this is the start of a good working relationship. You have to understand that those coming from talktalk, where the management seem only interested in profit at the express exclusion of customer relations, are already angry and should anything go wrong with the new ISP, are more likely to fly off the handle. I will apologise to all concerned, but I hope you will understand that I am going to wait to see what happens, or does not happen on the 6th. I wonder if anyone on PlusNet knows anyone, or has come from talktalk as a disillusioned customer like myself and is therefore aware of their disgusting attitude to customers.
To be honest, watching the TV adverts and reading posts on talktalk, of those who had moved to PlusNet and were extoling the virtues of PlusNet, it was easy to make the decision to move. When you start the process and it deteriorates into farcical problems, you obviously wonder if you have done the right thing.
However, heres to Wednesday 6th and that all goes well.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
derfledermause

Forgive me but, the worry has reached high doe again. Why, the engineer's visit is timed for tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday, 6th May, 1pm-6pm. To install the equipment he needs the PlusNet router, the post has been today, normally between 11:15am and 12:30pm, no router!!!. Yes it could be delivered tomorrow, I sincerely hope so, however, if not then I assume the install cannot go ahead. If TalkTalk cancel my account then I will be left with no telephone and broadband, should this happen, how do I contact either TalkTalk or PlusNet to rectify the situation. Of course, this is secondary to needed contact with the emergency services.
Is it any wonder that customers begin to get worried over what seems to be a nonchalant attitude by ISP operatives.
Thank you,
regards,
derfledermause.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

In the unlikely even that the router doesn't arrive, the engineer should still install the fibre modem.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Hi derfledermause,
If perchance the Router doesn't arrive, you can set up a PPPoE Dialler on your computer which will allow you to directly connect your Ethernet port to the BT Modem This should at least enable you to check you have a working PPP connection. The Library link is for Vista/Win7 - AFAIK it's similar for Win8 and there's a separate article in the Library for WinXP if you need it. If you aren't running Windows, I'm sure you can do the same for other OSes but you'll have to google for that.
I would set that up tonight so it's ready to use if need be whilst the engineer is present, so if there is anything wrong with a PPP session not Authenticating, the engineer can get on the blower to whoever, to get it resolved.
HTH.
subsync
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
In the unlikely even that the router doesn't arrive, the engineer should still install the fibre modem.

Even if you have the router, that's all they will do, then leave without plugging in your phone and leaving the router in it's box, unopened. Don't bother plusnet with this problem as they pass the buck and do nothing to help.
Anotherone
Champion

subsync, that might have been your experience but that is not the experience of the majority. I'm going to guess that you had an OpenReach sub-contractor and not a genuine OpenReach engineer. I'm afraid some of the sub-contractors have a reputation for not doing the job they are paid to do. People should definitely complain to Plusnet if the engineer doesn't do the job he's supposed to do, and you are wrong to discourage people from complaining.
subsync
Dabbler

This wasn't my install but my 79 yrs old mum, who was left with no phone and broadband. I was the one who had to go over and sort everything out. I did complain to plusnet, but they hid behind the "it's BT's fault". When I reminded the CS agent that the contract is with plusnet, I was met with silence and no offer to complete the installation. So I'm right to share this with whoever may need to know, so they are forewarned.
Your reply a few posts up about setting up a pppoe dialler in the absence of a router, assumes that every customer has the ability to sort out their own problems, you are wrong in that assumption. Posting a link to the contract section of the sale of goods and services act would have been more relevant.
adie:quote
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@subsync you're having a go at the wrong person there 4 v 14000 posts and most of them assisting people like the op and your mum. Troll off and annoy someone else  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra