cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Uncaring and Inhumane I.E. What a Load of Do!

morrisr701

Plusnet Uncaring and Inhumane I.E. What a Load of Do!

We had our phone blocked on Friday night 10th at midnight, no warning. This was due to the fact that our credit limit was exceeded however, we had paid extra for the anytime package so, there should have been no charges for any local calls but that's what had happened.  Bearing in mind that this was the weekend and I am disabled and I have ageing and infirm parents and an aunty with dementia who I have to keep in contact with. I told all this to agents in chat forums and spoke at length to agents on the phone, the only people I can contact on my phone! and was promised that all would be sorted as it was their fault and our phone would be unblocked on Saturday. NO IT WASN'T and to add insult to injury, at midnight we received another email to say we had been cut off and we owed money again. It was as if no contact had been made by us at all. On one of our replies from the agent says not that they were very sorry but how much it would cost us to leave them!!  Angry Cry Also that Friday we received 4 emails all exactly the same, welcoming us to plusnet, very nice! except that we joined them in May!!!!! and it is now July.
I used to respect the recommendations of Which but I shall think again in the future!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks plusnet for doing us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
Dick:red All caps tile edited as per forum rules.
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Uncaring and Inhumane I.E. What a Load of Do!

Hi morrisr701,
I'm really sorry about this.
I can see that what we did to intervene manually yesterday at around 11am was set to go through within 24 hours.
Please let me know if this is still a problem after roughly that time today.
I'll keep an eye on this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
morrisr701

O.K phone is now on but it looks like I have an outstanding balance of £155.89 for all the calls I should not have been charged for can you tell me why this has not been removed as I am getting warning emails every night telling me I have exceeded my £75 allowance am I going to get cut off again! or are you going to bill me for 115.89 for the 27p worth of calls made by me please can you let me know if and when  you can resolve this for me
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Our billing team should be getting that removed for you shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
morrisr701

We decided to look at our invoice expecting by now that it would be correct but it isn't. I was assured that billing would have it sorted out but it would take 5-7 days, it is now 9 days. I decided to have a live chat to sort this out and was told that until the invoice is generated on the 3rd, of what she didn't say! that it is not real so can't be altered. When it was generated we would have to pay it by direct debit and then we would be refunded. To stop this happening we could cancel the direct debit and pay what we owed by card. Is this correct? Do we honestly have to do this? It is like rubbing salt in the wound. We were first cut off for 48 hours plus and now we are going to have to pay the wrong amount? How long then do we have to wait for the refund? If it takes as long to sort that out as it has everything else..........!!! You honestly couldn't make it up!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

To add insult to injury, if you cancel the DD and pay by card you will probably be charged an extra £1.50 fee.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I decided to have a live chat to sort this out and was told that until the invoice is generated on the 3rd, of what she didn't say! that it is not real so can't be altered.
That sounds like rubbish to me! If an invoice has been generated then, yes, it's difficult( nay impossible) for the PlusNet systems to correct it before it's paid. It sounds like your billing date is the 3rd of the month and the calls will not have actually been billed yet (unless going over the allowance causes an intermediate bill to be generated). I've certainly seen the situation with a referral of mine where calls were charged erroneously because the Anytime package hadn't been applied. This was reported prior to billing date and the call charges were corrected prior to any invoice being generated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it is correct that we can't adjust the call charges until the invoice has been generated on the billing date, as the invoice hasn't been generated yet we can't adjust the call charges. I'm not sure why you have been advised otherwise.
If you cancel the DD instruction, I'll make sure myself or a colleague gives you a call to take a card payment of the correct amount on the 3rd after we've adjusted the bill to removes the incorrect charges (Call charges, call barring charge and non-DD charge)
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I'm not sure why you have been advised otherwise
Maybe we're both right here. Certainly in the case I outlined above, the erroneous charges were not invoiced. Now it may be as you say Harry, that these were not adjusted UNTIL the invoice was produced BUT they certainly did not get charged on the monthly bill. Maybe they were automatically credited when the invoiced was produced...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

morrisr701

As predicted no contact from yourselves only threatening emails regarding not paying, stopped the direct debit as you told me to, lucky really as the bill has now reached £145-24 still no reduction for calls made please sort this mess out as i have only made about 27p worth of calls plus 2X line rental plus 2X anytime calls if you want to cut me off please do as I am sick and tired of this..and let me find an other provider as this has gone on long enough
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for your time on the phone earlier.
I hope it's all sorted moving forward  Wink
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
morrisr701

Thanks again for your help in fixing the problem,I hope things will run smoothly from now on regards