cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet:The good, the bad and the ugly

thisoldman
Grafter

Plusnet:The good, the bad and the ugly

This morning using the text relay deaf service, as all calls are recorded and hence there is no argument with what i am about to post, i telephoned plusnet to cancel my bb subscription in view of the impending debit card charge of 1.50£
I telephoned the correct cancellations number and as soon as the text relay operator began to explain the system, someone hung up.
The operator redialled and chastised them. The peron who answered  said you have to speak to cust services. After a 10 minute delay i was put through to home sales, who agrred to redirect me to cust services. After another 10 minute wait, business sales answered.
Eventually after further 10 minute delays i got though to customer services, where I spoke to a first class courteous and empathic young man, who agreed straight away with me that the proposed 1,50 fee was ridiculous and agrred to suspend/cancel the fee for me.
So if plusnet can do that for me they can surely do it for every other good member who objects to this ridiculous charge..
The ugly:  plusnet must stop hanging up on users of text relay.
the bad: plusnet must stop conecting people to the wrong depatments.
the good.  customer services were excellent.
Lets hope my tale will help kick into touch the 1.50£ debit fee.
16 REPLIES 16
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet:The good, the bad and the ugly

TOM - I'll pm you my email address.
The customer options team should have been able to sort out your cancellation request.
thisoldman
Grafter

Jamesh  its all been sorted thanks to a very polite helpful customer serices guy.
James
Grafter

Good to hear, thanks.
By the way, the person you spoke to is actually in our customer options team, so it sounds like you got through to the right department.
thisoldman
Grafter

after 30 minutes.........i sure did ..........promote him........he was an excellent advet for plusnet       
nadger
Rising Star

Are Plusnet now dropping the £1.50 surcharge for all customers who don't pay by DD?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd guess that either:
a) The person who made this offer should not have done or
b) They'll only do it for people who ring up for a MAC
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
thisoldman
Grafter

jelv: as long as they stick to their word, thats all that matters to me. good job the call was recorded.
nadger
Rising Star

@ jelv - b) would certainly be unfair to the majority of people who simply abide by the rules  Angry
thisoldman
Grafter

nadger  ; what rules?
Lloyds bank gave me their opinion that 1.50 fee was excessive. I challenged it. so should everyone else.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: nadger
Are Plusnet now dropping the £1.50 surcharge for all customers who don't pay by DD?

No.
@thisoldman, given the fact that the surcharging hasn't been built into the system yet, there's no way the agent you spoke to could have 'suspended' or 'cancelled' the fee. I suspect what they have done instead is apply a monthly discount to your account. Discounts can only be applied for a maximum of 12 months.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thisoldman
Grafter

thank you for the info bob.Perhaps you could pm me as to the amount of the discount please.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thisoldman
Grafter

Despite the hot air issued by mand in response to an earlier complaint about plusnet ( ok it was s .a ) cutting off text relay calls and assuring me this would not happen again and that "steps had been taken "  , I am surprized and disappointed that no one from plusnet has commented on mondays breach ( see under ugly)
What I find amusing if that is the right word is that textrelay is run by bt and yet plusnet staff who are owned by bt  have a tendency to cut the call as soon as they hear the text relay operator explaining the procedures.
Thats a new twist on the word ironic
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I am surprized and disappointed that no one from plusnet has commented on mondays breach

There isn't much we can say I'm afraid. Obviously we apologise and we're sorry this happened. We have spoken with the agent who took the call but we can't pin-point this on anything in particular.
yet plusnet staff who are owned by bt  have a tendency to cut the call as soon as they hear the text relay operator explaining the procedures.

We really don't know if this is what happened, if we see further occurrences of this we will begin to investigate further.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team