cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet.... NO we wont speak to you.

inhost
Grafter

Plusnet.... NO we wont speak to you.

I had a disagreement with plusnet some time ago regarding the quality of the hardware, mid way through the discussion some manager jumped in with his size 16's and threw a deadlock code in my face.
Last night my internet service was cut off due to an unpaid bill that I paid on 12th Feb, when I looked in to the matter plusnet took payment and then 30 minutes later refunded it.
I called this morning to speak to someone who spoke to me like I was an idiot and then when I asked to speak to a manager (The manager he constantly quoted saying "She has said X Y Z") he said she has refused to speak to you because you have a deadlock code on your account.
When I tried to sort this out at 23:30 last night I was scoffed at by 2 people stating that they could not help me because my account is in a right state, they are referencing 8 late payments, these late payments of course caused by incorrect billing at plusnet.
Thanks plusnet.... thanks a lot.
So anyway... long story short, FTTC was sold to me as the fix to a long term issue with 12 hour disconnects I was getting on ADSL,,.... they are still happening on FTTC so I requested a MAC code, I will move to another ISP, I am sick of being spoken to like an idiot by "the computer said no" staff. The FTTC product was miss sold and I can evidence that in court if required.
I am just fed up of being insulted, spoken to like an idiot and lied too.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet.... NO we wont speak to you.

I'm really sorry to hear about any of the issues you've had chasing this up with us.
I can see that the account has been reactivated already so no restrictions should be in place now.
Ticket 66344352 should clarify where things stand with invoices.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
inhost
Grafter

@_Adam_Walker_
In what universe does this clarify anything?
-----
Mr Smith called to pay Invoice 38856854. I have advised him he need to also pay Invoice 35746217 to be switch on.
Mr Smith said he was told he do not have to pay it. I spoke to ***** who check the history of the account and the Invoice in question and was informed we will not remove the Invoice.
Mr Smith was advised my Complaint that we cannot do nothing further for him and that he can take this further if he wish. Mr Smith then asked to speak to cancellations, I have advised him of the opening times, the call dropped.
-----
For a start it is hardly even readable, this person spent all of 3 minutes looking into what I have spent HOURS sorting out and then refused to discuss it further because I have a deadlock code over a broken router....
The fact that you believe that is a satisfactory response sums it up really, none of you give 2 hoots about customer service, just so long as it looks like you do.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

James Bailey may want to look at this, because it sounds appalling. Whatever the cause of the account problems, refusing to talk to a customer is just not acceptable, this sounds like the sort of thing I expect to hear about TalkTalk  Shocked
James
Grafter

I suspect I may be the owner of the size 16's.
@inhost I can't see any references to your being told that we won't speak to you. I think however this wasn't actually what you meant and that we wouldn't sort out the invoice dispute.
I'll ask someone on my team to review your account and if we have acted incorrectly we'll get it fixed.
inhost
Grafter

@James indeed it probably was you, I have acted on the deadlock now and requested it be removed or passed back with a request to continue communication, they said they will act in 5 working days.
" I can't see any references to your being told that we won't speak to you." This in itself is 99% of the problem, half of what is said on the phone is not available in your system which is simply down to poor incident logging by your staff, then you yourself said if I keep opening questions on the portal with a deadlock code in place you would remove my ability to do so.
Rock <me> hard place.
Frankly I had a better time with Orange and that is saying something, the suggested fix to my ADSL 12 hour disconnects was to move me to FTTC and I was assured the problem would not follow, yet it has anyway.
Don't waste your precious time wading through badly written tickets James, I have already requested cancellation, if plusnet are going to do a U-turn on what they said to me on the phone i.e. "don't worry about the manual invoice" because once again the quality of your agents incident logging is so dire then I will pay it, but the cancellation charges can go where the sun wont shine.
As a great example I could (but wont) post the 6 internal tickets I can see that were closed within the last 24 hours, there is not one of them without a spelling mistake or that is a complete rounded sentence.
inhost
Grafter

I would just like to add something regarding ticket: 66344352
Having thought about it and in the interest of fairness if you read it in the accent (sort of Jamacan / west indian)  that the gentleman had that is actually how he speaks so it may be that English is not his first language and he types like he talks which I cannot hold against him, obviously it does not help when whole words are wrong.
I just wanted to say that as it was probably not due to a lack of effort on his part as I may have made it seem earlier.
James
Grafter

@Inhost
(I've seen the deadlock ticket)
I've removed the invoice on your account from August. Whether or not it was valid at the time is relatively immaterial from my point of view as I don't believe that we should be chasing something from so long ago.
Your account is currently active however, it is likely that you will be billed for your last months service on account of your January bill being paid 34 days late. By the way, I can't see anything that was paid on February 12th? None of the transactions on your account appear to be for that date.
I'm sorry that this is a bit of a mess. I'm concerned that you have said that you have paid invoices and we haven't seen the transaction appearing at our end at all, which is concerning.
Just to cover one more thing - my reference to your ability to respond to tickets was in relation to you constantly raising the same queries about your router which had been fully covered.  I was most certainly not stating that we would not talk with you about other service issues.
inhost
Grafter

Thanks James,
12 Feb 2013 01:08:52 PST (09:09 GMT+0)
Unique Transaction ID: 5AE98856164626304
PLUSNET PLC 0845 14002 SHEFFIELD
You are correct it was not paid as it was rejected from your side so my card issuer tells me, however I did not know that.
Given that I was granted 30 minutes by R******* at your billing department and I saw this come out minutes after adding my card I think it is not unfair to assume on my part that everything was settled followed by 2 weeks of uninterrupted (ish) service until I needed to unplug the router for a moment at 23:30 ish last night only to have to start this whole game over again.
Anthony.
James
Grafter

Thanks - That's a fair point.
It appears that for some reason your transaction wasn't accepted. I'm sorry that this happened in the first place and that you subsequently had to call up to essentially remake the payment.
Is everything working for you now? I can't see any restrictions at our end, but if there are please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to reinstate things.