Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IRC Server

reddev87
Grafter

Re: Plusnet IRC Server

Problem solved (for now)
Just dropped PPP session to get a new IP, and this one does have a hostname.
Thanks
Dom
Grafter

I wonder if that's what the problem is whenever I can't connect. I think I change the hostname in mIRC (for some reason) so maybe that's why I can rarely connect.
avatastic
Grafter

I doubt it, I've got my reverse dns set to my own .co.uk and it connects just fine.
I wonder if the new 41.x.x.x IP addresses need adding to the white list?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: avatastic
I wonder if the new 41.x.x.x IP addresses need adding to the white list?

Probably.  I've just flagged this on the PUG site - but it may take a while to get sorted
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csogilvie
Grafter

The IRC server is unofficial, I set it up at the suggestion of a couple of the Plusnet staff over seven (!!) years ago.
IP access restrictions exist but these access restrictions are controlled by the Network Team at Plusnet, so one of the Digital Care Team would need to speak to them about it.
The IRC is restricted due to previous abuse IIRC. I dont expect that to change.

Nothing of the sort, although I do agree that I don't expect it to change. It was restricted because that was the wish at the time... I can't speak for those involved (and I don't think any of them work for Plusnet any more) but they must have had their reasons. If I was privy to the reasons at the time, I can't find them in my email archive.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Nothing of the sort,

Apologies, was not trying to give out the wrong impression. If you get bored for 5 mins you should pop in Colin Wink -- any chance of a kick up the backside for StatusBot? Smiley cheers
Regards