cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Homephone - Can we have Caller name in call summary (Address book) ??

vips

Plusnet Homephone - Can we have Caller name in call summary (Address book) ??

Hi.
I'm new here.
Not sure this sugestion is already discussed (searched, but not found). if so sorry  Embarrassed
Previously, I'm a BT customer and recently swithched to Plusnet BB and Home Phone. BT have a very good address book and, when we see call summary/details in web, it shows caller name instead of the number. Can we have that kind of feature added here as well please Huh
Thanks !
Vips.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Homephone - Can we have Caller name in call summary (Address book) ??

I'm not sure if we'll be able to offer that as that's not our information to offer - though I will make enquiries for you as it would be useful. I can't make any promises though I'm afraid.
paulby
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Homephone - Can we have Caller name in call summary (Address book) ??

Quote from: Matt
I'm not sure if we'll be able to offer that as that's not our information to offer

@Matt Taylor - IIRC when I was with BT you could add an address book to your on line account.  The BT itemised bill list merely looked up your address book for a match and then replaced the number with a name on the itemised bill record.
Another useful feature, though, would be the geographic destination of the call as well as the number - a lot of other providers give this data in their itemisation (presumably by looking up a database of area codes v call destination) e.g. number called: 01383 6xxxxx place called: Dunfermline
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Paul03

Another useful feature, though, would be the geographic destination of the call as well as the number - a lot of other providers give this data in their itemisation (presumably by looking up a database of area codes v call destination) e.g. number called: 01383 6xxxxx place called: Dunfermline

Not particularly reliable to use the geographic (sic) number to map to a location these days?  VoIP effectively nullifies an increasing proportion of the calls made.  e.g. One of my VoIP numbers is London - but I ain't anywhere near there.    Grin
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.