cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre is absolutely rubbish - steer well clear!!!

sij906

Plusnet Fibre is absolutely rubbish - steer well clear!!!

WHAT RUBBISH SERVICE PLUSNET GIVE!!!    Embarrassed
I joined in Jan 13  believing all the hype on the TV ads saying that Plusnet pride theirselves in good service - what a load of rubbish!
My super dooper Fibre broadband drops at least eavery day sometime more than once a day anywhere from a few mins to a couple of hours...will they help me fix it- will they hell! I have even offered to pay for the engineer to get them to look at it, their opinion is "it's only a few minutes a few times a day" so it doesn't qualify as being a problem to them...BUT IT DOES TO ME.
I want out if they are not going to do anything about it but all they say is you can't you are in contract..the contract is not worth anything if they don't keep to their side of it though in my opinion,  they don't provide me with the service I pay for..wish I had stayed with Talk Talk!!!
Want my advice- steer well clear of Plusnet - it may be cheap but it sure is RUBBISH!!    Embarrassed
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet Fibre is absolutely rubbish - steer well clear!!!

@sij906
Are you using a wireless connection or an Ethernet (wired) connection to your computer? Are you using the Plusnet supplied Router?
What OS are you using?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@sij906 - Sorry to hear that, looking at your connection logs it does seem to be in the evenings that the connection is lost. Apologies if this is a daft question, but those evenings where the connection was lost around 7pm and again at around 10pm - did you have your central heating on at all? Just wondering if the drops coincided with that turning on and off again later. Sometimes heating timers (and indeed other electrical equipment) can cause interference that can mess with the broadband signal, I'm wondering if that's what is happening here.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matt
Apologies if this is a daft question, but those evenings where the connection was lost around 7pm and again at around 10pm - did you have your central heating on at all? Just wondering if the drops coincided with that turning on and off again later.

Don't forget, even in warmer weather when the actual heating is off, the boiler pump may be kicked in for water heating.  Any other timed circuits (usually heavier electrical loads) can also cause this kind of thing.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm happy for feedback both negative and positive. I do have one thing to ask though, and that's if someone that's obviously had a bad time with support or similar is posting can we try to remember that when replying to them. Constructive or encouraging replies go down much better, and make someone feel like sticking around more than what can sometimes seem like jumping on them.
Thanks.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Maybe, if this hasn't been done already, Matt or someone appropriate at PN should send a PM to the OP inviting more information given that they see a problem.  Cool
And everyone else, me included, should keep quiet meanwhile.  Lips_are_sealed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Gentlemen,
Feedback is the place where happy or unhappy customers can post without expecting a load of subsequent posts criticising the style or content of the post.
Looking at the timing the original poster was obviously put off by some of the unhelpful and antagonistic comments which didn’t help either the poster or the staff trying to keep a customer happy or to attempt to sort out the problem.
I have removed a large number of posts some of which may not have been abrasive but it is much easier to take a blanket approach rather than trying to remove specific posts.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looking at the OPs profile I'm not sure why you felt it was necessary to take that action:
[quote=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=21900]Last Active: Sun 05-05-2013, 21:40:47
That is after Anotherone's post which you have left. It would seem that having made his derogatory post, the OP has no intention of revisiting these forums.
Please could you PM me the contents of the last post I made on this topic as I would like to use that as a basis for a new topic.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I totally agree jelv, this originated as a malicious thread. The crime has now been exacerbated by needless & unusual censorship. An obnormal occurrence on this normally excellent forum. No doubt this comment will also be removed, but I feel totally justified in posting it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No PM's will be sent
As the OP hasn't been back this thread is locked