cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Support --- where is it, and what good is it, when it is needed?

Trying
Dabbler

Plusnet Customer Support --- where is it, and what good is it, when it is needed?

OK... having viewed/witnessed the debacle of this mornings fibre broadband saga, and now having had time to sleep and think on it.. I have decided it is time my voice was heard.

I hope not everyone will immediately jump to comment in reply, until Plusnet have had a chance to say their piece.

Fact: I was unceromoniously disconnected, more than once, from my connection to the big internet world this morming. I was also pretty certain it wasn't my equipments fault, nor my vdsl connection to the BT interface.

This not being the first time this has happened in the last few days. I decided to contact Plusnet Customer Service by phone this morning... and joined an expected wait of some 30 mins queue time... there being, at the time, no info anywhere online, when I had intermittent connection while waiting, to suggest how big a problem the troubles might be.
When I did get through to Support, I was immediately treated like I knew nothing, and given general fob of type suggestions, etc to try and solve my issues. Eventually we got down to being a bit more constructive.... but even so, Customer Support seemed to have no awareness of the bigger problem, even though my support call continued some minutes after a post was eventually made on 'Current Status of our Network' support page.

To be honest... the support effort today felt like it was shambolic.

Surely the number of support calls in the queue was a first 'heads up' to something other than routine happening.

The internet now, is seen by many, and even the Goverment, as an 'essential service', and I wouldn't disagree with that view.

However, long seem to have gone the days when Plusnets Customer Support was revered, and one which often swayed people to become customers of Plusnet for the supply their internet access service.

Plusnet now swallowed up by a big conglomerate, who no doubt have board memebers who dictate some of their wants, Plusnet, now an acting face to the public for them, appear to be being used to grab more of its customers cash, for a diminishing quality of service, if not in the internet provision, certainly in the support function.
If one looks at the forthcoming price rises, please explain to me how come such a large percentage increase can be justified given current inflation, and the current economic climate of the last few years.

If the current support service standard I witnessed today, was what we could expect to receive from a call to the police, or our electricity provider, in similar circumstances, I think there would be a real outcry for something to be done.

I know in this current age, we appear to live in an even more 'cash cut-throat' economy, but there is a limit to what people will put up with.
Unfortunately, just like looking for an alternative goverment strategy/goverment, alternative options for an internet provider are also somewhat limited, in the main, because so many of them are also provided using the same resources.

I am not one to want to get into a slanging match online.... so, if someone of a level of influence within Plusnet would wish to converse with me privately, I am more than willing to converse with them, and hope something constructive can be learned by both sides.

6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Customer Support --- where is it, and what good is it, when it is needed?

The support staff Here on the forum are excellent , do a great job within the constraints set by them above .

Problem lies with bean counter high up Roll_eyes they have decided to concentrate on Quantity NOT quality Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Trying
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Customer Support --- where is it, and what good is it, when it is needed?

@rongtw wrote:

The support staff Here on the forum are excellent , do a great job within the constraints set by them above .

Problem lies with bean counter high up Roll_eyes they have decided to concentrate on Quantity NOT quality Ticked_off

If you feel this is true... show me where yesterday, the support staff were ahead of the game, either here or anywhere.

As I said....to many of those affected, the support effort felt shambolic.

As of yet, I have seen nothing to explain why some, like me, again suffered an internet interruption at approx 06-45Z
All we can presume so far, is that the service is becoming more unreliable.

realcustomer

Same old, extremely low connection from my fibre, this has been degrading for some time now, with drop out in the evening when trying to stream a movie to now being able to connect in  the morning. tried to contact support but the online assist in not available and the call wait is at least 30 mins.

they have the audacity to email me notification of a price increase, time for a change I think.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi realcustomer,

Thank you for getting in contact with us and I'm sorry about the issues that you have had with your service.

I haver run some tests on your line connection and everything is looking fine and where it should be with speeds and stability. To me this could be an issue with your router which you have had for sometime now along with your Openreach modem. I can see that you are currently due a renewal on your account where you will be able to save on your monthly payments and also obtain our brand new Plusnet Hub One router which will improve your connection in your property.

To enquire about this further you can contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 then press option 1 then option 2 and they will go through everything that is available for you.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

BenB ?  How will a HUB one improve his connection ?Huh

Which is only sent out IF he renews contract ?  if his router is the problem why not send him a replacement to try ?

It sounds like if he wants to fix his connection the only way is to renew his contract ??  Not so good support Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
realcustomer

thanks BenB, but i have done everything to test this and the BT whole sale test is still only giving me 26mbps, i dont think a new router is the answer, this is being strangled probably at the exchange as demand from the trading est half a mile up the road has increased.

As rongtw has said this offer is only available if i renew, nice try, and what happens as i suspect it makes no difference? This needs to be resolved and when it is then i'll consider whether to renew. In the mean time i'm not prepared to wait 30mins on the phone for some 1st line support, if you beleive it's the router then i'll expect on on my door step tomorrow morning.