cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Chat - Your agents are letting you down, big time.

mezzor
Grafter

Plusnet Chat - Your agents are letting you down, big time.

Morning,

I'll start off by saying not everyone in Plusnet is a bad egg, I called yesterday, spoke to two agents who couldn't have been more helpful, especially the business advisor (I have a residential contract and a business one). 

The real problems with Plus Net seems to be the live chat service. 

I started yesterday, enquiring about a home move for the residential line on chat, the agents responses were between 6-10 minutes which is ridiculous in itself, in the end through frustration i ended the chat and called instead.

I needed to clarify a few things which were mentioned to me over the phone and as I was busy I used the chat function again this morning. Enter "[CSA Removed]" - I say hello, ask my question, 10 minutes go by before I see the "Agent is typing message", here we go again with the awful response times. 

I proceed to tell him I am moving soon and wanted to know what the package was I was offered or what was the best package I could get at my new property. I had been told yesterday that my new property couldn't handle the same plan i was on so i would have to downgrade as max speeds were about 30mb a second. [CSA Removed] comes back with "£32.99 per month" (I currently pay £37pm)- A little puzzled as he hadn't even asked for my postcode I asked for a breakdown, "£8.99 broadband, £18.99 line, £5 BT sports" - OK, I thought, what about the speeds, what package is this? What speed is this for? Is this subject to a new minimum contract?

"78-80mb/s" is his first answer, "same package as before", "yes new contract", no explanation of what the contract is, nothing. So I reiterate to him, I am moving and my property cannot get those speeds and he ignores it. My chat then gets transferred to someone else who after I ask her to read the entire chat previous states that as I am not within the last 3 months of my contract, it cannot be renegotiated?! 

Tried to raise a complaint about them but I then get told, I won't be told of any outcome from my complaint as it's confidential?

So what's the point?

What an absolute joke of a customer experience, if only they were as helpful as their phone support. Don't even get me started on the whole recontract if you move home situation, go with Sky, their VIP program gives complete free house moves, all done through chat, no issues whatsoever.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

6 REPLIES 6
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Chat - Your agents are letting you down, big time.

@mezzor

"Tried to raise a complaint about them but I then get told, I won't be told of any outcome from my complaint as it's confidential?"

That is nonsense.

See https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ if you want to take this further

mezzor
Grafter

Thanks for the link Dave however I don't really see the point in complaining if I'm never updated about the outcome of said complaint.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Please read the procedure - the time that Plusnet has before replying depends on the route you take

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @mezzor, thanks for getting in touch.

I am extremely sorry to hear of the experience you have had with our Live Chat. If you would like to private message the account username, we'd be happy to look into this for you. While it's correct we can't provide yourself the outcome of any internal investigations that were to take place should a complaint be raised against a specific individual, we can look into a complaint as a whole and attempt to come to a resolution with yourself.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mezzor
Grafter

Hi @abails0105,

PM sent. Thanks

Dan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Dan, I've picked this up and I'll send you a reply in a moment

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet