cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - worse than useless

douglasleith
Dabbler

PlusNet - worse than useless

Placed order in 3rd May. From 15th May onwards have been told "we just need another 24 hours". Then at tend of last week said connection would be 31st May "but we don't have any confidence in that date either" the assistant said.

I was also told " we are on top of this" but no-one phones back and they didn't even know they haven't ordered a router. I had to tell them.

If anyone is thinking of joining PlusNet, don't bother.
15 REPLIES 15
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: PlusNet - worse than useless

@douglasleith I have nothing to do with PlusNet, other than being a customer and a user of this forum. I'm very surprised at your experience and I wonder if you have ever moved to another Internet Service Provider and how that experience was?  

I personally, find PlusNet much better than useless, but I also had concerns after my first contact, but that was because PlusNet thought my phone number was issued by my last service provider, because I forgot to tell them the history, but this was fixed.

I hope your very low opinion improves, if not I suggest you find another Internet Service Provider, that makes you happy. Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you've had to your order.

From looking at your account the issue is due to the broadband order getting stuck in our suppliers systems.

They've raised what's known as a bridge case to get it completed and we should have a further update on the 31st

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
douglasleith
Dabbler

You'll also note from the case notes that every day for a week I was told the problem would be sorted in 24 hours.

It also says in the notes that the problem will be cleared by 31st May. Not just another update.

I don't think you can blame your suppliers for not ordering up the router.

The person "keeping on top of my case" was supposed to have called me after the conversation on Friday. That never happened either.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I agree the communication hasn't been brilliant as due to the nature of the issue we can't guarantee that the issue will be resolved on the dates given.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
douglasleith
Dabbler

So as a conclusion, here's my customer experience....

Order placed on 3rd of May.  Connection finally live on 20th of June.

Disconnected completely for half that time.

Had to phone Customer Service EVERYDAY for a couple of weeks to get people to do anything.

Typical time to wait for a Customer Service call to be answered was 30 minutes. Online Chat just the same.

Endless "We promise to call you back by 5:30pm" promises were never kept.

Endless promises of dates to be connected, never kept.

Asked to speak to Line Managers on several occasions - told they were too busy - I persisted and lo-and-behold they suddenly find the time.

Eventually it was agreed I would be provided with 3 months free broadband.

But what happens on my first month bill ?  Yes, you guessed it, they screwed that up too and took the full amount.  Still haven't had it refunded.

So, all in all, I stand by the title of this thread. If only because PlusNet have proven me right.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm really sorry to hear about your poor experience. It looks like things are resolved now. We'll review your account and make sure the appropriate feedback is passed on to the relevant advisers/into the business.

Feel free to let us know if you have any problems moving forward.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
douglasleith
Dabbler

Well if you read my post properly you’d realise it’s not all resolved as Direct Debit payment was taken for my supposed free broadband but no refund provided despite the fact PlusNet acknowledfes they shouldn’t have taken it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

My apologies, we'll issue you your refund now which should be processed by your bank or building society within the next 5 to 10 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
douglasleith
Dabbler

Which is a perfect example of what I’ve had to put up with these past couple of months. Only when I make the effort to push you guys does anything happen - and even then it often doesn’t happen.

I fully expect to have to go through the same performance next month too.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Gandalf wrote:

My apologies, we'll issue you your refund now which should be processed by your bank or building society within the next 5 to 10 working days.

Anoush,

That is a 100% variance in the delivery timescale - for goodness sake why?  If the DD has cleared (as implied by "we'll issue you your refund now") what is to stop this being processed now leaving only the bank processing time as a delay outside of PN's control?

Given that the bank clearing time is predictable (3 working days) and fairly constant, that implies the variation is within PN's admin team ... which PN ought to be able to control.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the confusion, by now I meant I had just clicked the button to issue the refund. From that point, it can take the quoted timeframe to reach their bank/building society.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
douglasleith
Dabbler

But I had informed PlusNet 2 weeks ago when my bill first appeared that the discount wasn’t correctly applied.

So why does it take until now, after publicly chasing you, to “press the button” ?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From the notes on your account it looks like we were waiting for your invoice to clear via your direct debit. It was showing as completed when I picked up your account, so I issued you the refund.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
douglasleith
Dabbler

So let me get this farce right in my head:

a) PlusNet applied a charge to my account in error

b) I altered PlusNet to that immediately

c) PlusNet then decided to wait 10 days and collect the erroneous charge from bank account anyway

d) After it was collected, PlusNet did nothing about it in terms of refunding the charge

e) Only has something (possibly) been done about it now because I came on this forum to moan about it.

And tell me, what measures are in place to ensure this doesn't happen again next month.  Because past experience tells me it will.

It's just as well you are corroborating this because any normal person hearing the fiasco I've had for the past 2 months would never have believed even half of it.