cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet service...Not even activated yet and seriously upset

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

PlusNet service...Not even activated yet and seriously upset

Day 1 sign up seems simple enough but they mess up my details and give me an e-mail with wrong internet speeds...Speak to several people get put on hold for no reason for nearly an hour...Wow.
Day 13 I am wondering why my internet hasn't been setup yet as I was told within 10 days so I make a forum post about it and oh look I get told my service is still pending for no reason at all...Nice though that PlusNet took a months worth of money for a service I don't even have isn't it? Oh and then I get message saying I now have to wait till the 31st for the Internet to go live!
Yay me this is awesome so I get to pay a months worth only to wait nearly a month by which time no doubt PlusNet will take another months worth of money...
Sorry PlusNet but out of all the providers I've ever been with (Only changed due to offers and speeds etc) you guys PlusNet are by far the worst. Nice job. You already have a pissed off customer who doesn't even have your service yet.
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet service...Not even activated yet and seriously upset

Hi there,
I am sorry about the delay, but I assure you the first month's service doesn't start until the service goes active - therefore we won't take the second month's payment until a month after that date. Hope that reassures you.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Well not really I'm looking at all these customers that have problems and I've never seen anything quite like it! So not reassuring at all, in fact on the phone now to talk to someone as im losing the confidence and am surprised that BT own PlusNet and how can your service be that bad?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear that too. I do always think its best to bear in mind that all forums tend to attract more posts about issues and problems which might look negative but people are generally more inclined to post to seek help or if they have a complaint.
Let us know if there's still anything left to be resolved after you've spoken to the support team.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Well instead of me now holding on the phone for an hour or more (can you please get more staff ill be happy to have a job taking calls >.<) can you send me a ticket confirming that money will not be taken again until ive had a months use of service i.e. service start date is when things get rolling?Huh
Also I have a ticket on my account saying I was being offered my 2nd month of service at a further 50% discount however a person I think manager replied said to instead give me another 4months I think at half price can you please check and confirm this?
Ideally I would rather have that initial £30 back since ive had nothing but problems and I don't even have an up and running service yet and only because I took the initiative I find that my service was pending over its due time for no reason!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Quote from: SuperSaiyan4
can you send me a ticket confirming that money will not be taken again until ive had a months use of service i.e. service start date is when things get rolling?Huh

I've just updated the ticket on your account to confirm exactly that Smiley
Quote from: SuperSaiyan4
Also I have a ticket on my account saying I was being offered my 2nd month of service at a further 50% discount however a person I think manager replied said to instead give me another 4months I think at half price can you please check and confirm this?

Yep, that ticket is on there - the update is actually on the same ticket as the initial single month offer. We'll make sure those credits are added but can't do so until the account is active.
Hope that helps.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Ok thanks.
Lastly I noticed someone else mentioned this but I also got an e-mail saying the internet speed I will get is 40mb, when I spoke to customer services they said the e-mail is a built in thing and since 76mb is too new the auto e-mail doesn't recognise anything higher than 40mb.
However I see forum staff saying instead that we will get put on 40mb then we have to call up to be switched to 76mb?? Seriously I am trying soo hard here but why is PlusNet making this a total joke? I signed up for 76mb and was advised I will get between 70.5mb-71mb now I was told this several times by different staff and got it in writing. So I wont be getting what I paid for then?
CX
Grafter

My fibre connection was activated last week, and I was provisioned on 80/20 straight away, so it's not happening to everyone.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Ok thank you for that response.
How are your speeds? Anywhere near what was sold to you?
CX
Grafter

Yes, better than the estimate.
Estimate 49.9/10.9Mbps.
Actual (real throughput after overheads) 55-60Mbps/17Mbps.
And as I say, my connection was provisioned correctly (as far as I know, anyone with an estimate over 40Mbps should be provisioned on 80/20, if they've gone for Fibre Unlimited) meanwhile some others from the same week were incorrect. Once you're activated, if you find you are on the 40/10 product, just open a support ticket or post here on the forum and someone should pick it up for you. It only takes a couple of days for it to change and no additional BT visit will be required,
I've been with Plusnet for just over 2 years and I'm happy with the service (so much so I've just committed to another 18 months contract!). I appreciate that you haven't had the best start, but I'm sure you'll be happy long term.