cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet fast customer service - but could communicate a little better!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

PlusNet fast customer service - but could communicate a little better!

Adam / Bob,
Could you please take a look at ticket 49557972 and see if there is room for process improvements?
I requested a move of one of my JTN managed domain names from one PN account to another PN account.  Within 50 miniutes - yes less than 1 hour - the task was actioned and the domain no longer pointed to my 'donor' account.  One could not ask for a more responsive service than that... requested 14:32 on 5th Dec actioned 15:21 the same day. THANK YOU!!!
However, there does appear as though there were some finger problems...
1. Email to the domain name did not work - one recieved very prompt 550 errors - unfortunaley I did not get to test this until the evening and over night support could not help.  However it was working fine by 08:00 this morning - do not know if someone fixed it (but did not update the ticket) or it just takes the time it takes.  If this is to be expected (does it take time for a domain name move from on PN account to another before email works again?) then this should have been stated in the response that said the job had been done.
2. Web service was not accessible via the domain name.  Updated the call at 08:00 but no response so I called the CS desk around 13:10 today who esclated the problem - fixed by 13:16 - again stunning response times.  THANK YOU!!!
Problem was described as domain name pointing to wrong folder... hindsight makes me wonder if the transfer included the subfolder name where the web service was on my 'donor' account... possibly requirement detail missing in 'please transfer domain name from A to B' - I had not forseen the possibilty that the domain name AND folder mapping would be transferred.
3. On the target account, there is no means of configuring the domain records - it does not appear under the hosted domains list.  Is this an additional bit of process that needs to be done or something else which will take time to become operative?  If yes, then again this could have been made known on the 'its done' response.

In sumary, a stunningly fast service though potentially marred by finger problems and / or not making clear that the change would take time to be come effective.  What you do not know about you cannot fix...
Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet fast customer service - but could communicate a little better!

Hi townman,
I'd be happy to take a look and see what we can do to sort it out, is there any chance you could PM me the relevant details please? The usernames of the accounts the domain was moved from and to, and the root directory you'd like specifying on the domain. That way I can make sure it's all working okay and as per your specifications.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: PlusNet fast customer service - but could communicate a little better!

Matt,
Thank you for the comprehensive response and acceptance of the education opportunity to more clearly manage user's expectations.
I've moved domains into PN before and had a few teething problems, overall this has been a much better experience.  All CS contacts have been helpful and extreamly polite... given some of  the comments in here I sometimes wonder if posters have contacted a different company!
Thank you for the very prompt service.

Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.